• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Judas Rasmussen?

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Im working late here as usual. Buddy comes over and were listening to some metal. Buddy says "hey have you listened to the new Judas priest?" I said "no"
ok so we turn the video on and im sitting there thinking....where have I heard this intro before? We listen to the whole song and im like "its ok" but where have i heard that intro before?
Im thinking....whammo.....BRET RASMUSSEN. And I can see the image in my head of the video. Buddy's like "what?, come on".
I plow through Bret's youtube page and found it.
The intro of Bret Rasmussen "why ride rasmussen style" from 7 years ago, now, Judas Priest has that same intro riff, but just turned up a weee bit faster
Play the beginning of Bret's video first, the first 10 seconds, Then play the Judas Priest intro first 15ish seconds. hahahaa....tell me thats NOT copied. :LOL:

AND

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Im working late here as usual. Buddy comes over and were listening to some metal. Buddy says "hey have you listened to the new Judas priest?" I said "no"
ok so we turn the video on and im sitting there thinking....where have I heard this intro before? We listen to the whole song and im like "its ok" but where have i heard that intro before?
Im thinking....whammo.....BRET RASMUSSEN. And I can see the image in my head of the video. Buddy's like "what?, come on".
I plow through Bret's youtube page and found it.
The intro of Bret Rasmussen "why ride rasmussen style" from 7 years ago, now, Judas Priest has that same intro riff, but just turned up a weee bit faster
Play the beginning of Bret's video first, the first 10 seconds, Then play the Judas Priest intro first 15ish seconds. hahahaa....tell me thats NOT copied. :LOL:

AND

HECK OF A MEMORY !!

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I spent a few days with Bret, he doesn’t seem like a Judas Priest kinda guy….

But yeah, X2 on the “heck of a memory” comment!!
I was drinking at a bar last winter and he was sitting next to me. It took a while for me to place him.

I just put his post forward kit in my new GEN5. Super easy to do on the GEN5 compared to earlier models.

Yes dam good memory Joe !

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Years ago, I searched through youtube and found just about every video clip of Bret, downloaded them, compiled them into a file and would watch them over and over and over. [in my spare time] and especially in the summer at my summer cabin.
This all for my riding group, we would go out and test/train, whatever you want to call it.
Anyhoo, the video above, yeah, I would not be exaggerating if I watched 30+ times. hahaha.

Im gonna say, the science of advertising is "repetition" the beating of a drum is what makes the image of the product live in the mind of the consumer. Ok, me watching that vidya like 30+times, then the Judas Priest song almost immediately made me think of Rasmussen's training videos. Took me all of 5 minutes to figure out which one it was :D

Ok so Bret's video, the music is high-probability drawn from a free open source library, or a paid open source library for the purpose of video editing.
Ok here's the bad thing - whoever wrote the music for that JP song, they too, drawn the intro from an open source library. :eek: JUDAS PRIEST IS WASHED UP, when you have to resort to that. HAHAHAHAHA

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I saw Judas Priest in concert. The ticket cost was $8. Turbo lover is a catchy tune.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
For $8, that was back when they were breakin' the law....

Haha screaming for vengeance tour. I got the t shirt, er, 3/4 sleeve shirt. Rob Halford drove his Harley on stage. At age 13, I thought it was the coolest thing ever

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
For Those About To Rock tour was 1981 the first time of three times I saw them. Their, Who Made Who tour the traveled with a million watt sound system.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Oh, yeah, I prolly saw the Who Made Who Tour.
Tha'd be about the right time...

LA Guns opened up.
They looked weird, but actually sounded OK.
Never heard from them aggin.

They were purty loud I guess, but we had pushed our way up front, so was expecting that ...

Premium Features