• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Pro guys using Arctic Cat Belt

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I have not tryed the cat belt yet. But have used the dyco, Carliye, and the poo 80. I have yet to find a belt that will hold up to the stress that I put on the 3211115. I run these belts for around a thousand miles give or take. The other belts that I have used wont even hold up half that miny miles. So I do spend the 148 bucks on those belts and get three times the life.

Now I will have to put the test on this cat belt, 048. Because if they do work properly and hold up just as long, well save me some money!!

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
SOOO tempting to post a link on the other side of town! LOL

But on the topic, are we celebrating the 115 as a belt that cures a poor-belt problem (new sleds, more power, more track), or are we curing poor clutching by making an indestructable belt??

I'd be happy to buy a belt when the machine is new and pay another $190 so I can sell it with a new belt, but I would hate to give up performance/conceal tuning issues with a rock hard belt!?

Thoughts?

the 115 belt is from the 900 era.yamaha have run the 8dn belt since 97 and still running it on the apex,rock hard,similar compound to the 115.i think harder belts are more consistant than softer belt and therefore are EASIER to tune.absolutely no slipping on my pro with 115.grenading belts suck bigtime(breaking side panels,clutch guards,speedo sensor wires,lower sidepanel,possible increased crank run out )the 115 belt stands up to some serious abuse,have grenaded my share of the 080 in the past,cheaper belts may NOT come out cheaper than the 115:face-icon-small-dis

N
Jan 29, 2008
I've heard the Ultimax XS 809 works great on the Assault 800 and I see them for around $80 bucks. Plus they have a 1 year warranty which I've used on past sleds.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I've heard the Ultimax XS 809 works great on the Assault 800 and I see them for around $80 bucks. Plus they have a 1 year warranty which I've used on past sleds.

Don't know about on the Pro, but they don't last on the Dragons. We tried them on several Dragon 800s and they get destroyed after just a handful of rides.

sled_guy

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
So do we have any more good reviews on the Cat 048? After all, I thought that's what this thread was for! You can get them on Ebay for 65 bucks, so if they work like stock I'm all over it. A buddy of mine is going to pick one up today and give it a try. I would like to hear from somebody who has actually tried one though-belt life, peak rpm change, etc.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Don't know about on the Pro, but they don't last on the Dragons. We tried them on several Dragon 800s and they get destroyed after just a handful of rides.

sled_guy

Sure, but the reports on the Dragons vs. the pro's are pretty different. Many seems to think vent kits are only needed with turbo or other extreme conditions. Plus engine mounting is quite different.

Makes me think the pro is kinder on belts and/or better held in check??

Run XS 809 on my 220Hp triple w/159 track, no probs.

Might try this or a similar compound poo belt.

RS

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
So do we have any more good reviews on the Cat 048? After all, I thought that's what this thread was for! You can get them on Ebay for 65 bucks, so if they work like stock I'm all over it. A buddy of mine is going to pick one up today and give it a try. I would like to hear from somebody who has actually tried one though-belt life, peak rpm change, etc.

put 400 miles on one on a turbo pro. its what i will be running again on this years boosted pro. seemed to last just as long as polaris belt at less than half the cost... no brainer :second:

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
put 400 miles on one on a turbo pro. its what i will be running again on this years boosted pro. seemed to last just as long as polaris belt at less than half the cost... no brainer :second:

That's what I wanted to know. I'm going to ebay a couple of them; the local kitty dealer doesn't have any, and he wants 95 bucks anyway. I found them for 71 shipped on ebay, anyone find them any cheaper elsewhere?

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
?? ummm, no it doesn't?

what about the number for the 122 polaris belt?

thanks

pv

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
plus i'd actually be more concerned about the width than the length but the cat seems to be an rch wider. which is "better" than being skinny. might try it for sh!ts and giggles.

pv

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
although side cut angle is also very important. any numbers for that?

pv

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
thanks, that's what i was afraid of. i'll stick to the polaris belts even if they are more expensive. i'd rather have the performance.

pv

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
you guys what about the side angle 115 has 26 and 122 has 26 and the 080 has 28 isn't the 2 degrees going to **** with the clutching and what about the side angle on the cat belts

I have asked a lot of people, but I can't find anyone who can tell me what the side angle is on the 048. If someone will give me the measurements on the 048 I will calculate the side angle.

Vertical Asshauler

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Kelowna, BC
No matter what people tell you the 048 belt will not last like a 115. Me and many others have gotten well over 1000 miles out of a single 115 belt.

Sure, they are not as cheap but they go twice or three times as far as the others. The long run needs to be factored into the cost too!

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
No matter what people tell you the 048 belt will not last like a 115. Me and many others have gotten well over 1000 miles out of a single 115 belt.

Sure, they are not as cheap but they go twice or three times as far as the others. The long run needs to be factored into the cost too!

I have seen the 048 for $70, so the break even point would be around 400 miles(if the 115 ($180) last 1000 miles). Provided they don't grendade more often and cause additional damage.

Premium Features