• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Engines Made in Mexico

F

flying pig

Jan 17, 2008
Wembley Alberta Canada
it was stated on here before, it all starts at the bottom. Man people in our past generations must just stir in their graves looking at how we deal with useless people. You couldn't hold a job at burger king so you managed to sneek a job at a factory and got on a union so now you can steal oxygen and get away with it. Seems like every industry is like this, I'm patch trash to the core, Canadian oilfield all the way, but its so political it makes you sick. You could be the best hand flat out, run as hard as you can all day, know your job better than anyone else and there will still be oxygen stealers in there getting treated just as good as you instead of like the wastes they are because they're someone's buddy. Makes me sick. I've seen stuff like this drag companies under by lost work and general stupidity. Its the same everywhere. Comes down to people lacking discipline I think. What can you do though, government took parents rights to control their kids away too so thats starting to show through. Take the fight out of life n this is what you get.

D

Disco Dan Richter

Nov 27, 2007
Me no snow ta
www.grandgarages.com
Kinda contradictory.........yes. But, you have to make a choice sooner or later. I wont buy Chevy or Dodge, or......anything foreign, so I am left with the only company that did not take my taxes and sellout, Ford. Sucky choice, but it is a choice. I do need to get to work somehow, and horses are too slow.

X
Jan 1, 2011
ND
I guess my next sled won't be a Polaris

Why is that? Because some of their production for snowmobiles may or may not be foreign? I hope you dont ride an arctic cat --> suzuki foreign motor. I hope you dont ride a ski-doo --> foreign motor. I hope you don't ride a Yamaha --> foreign motor.
Polaris has been the only manufacturer to offer a USA built motor for years. I'm proud as hell to say its stamped right on the head of my sled.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Quote: Big Gun
Is/Was the Oceola plant that is the topic of this discussion a Union plant?

If so, which Union?

Non-union...

Polaris is saying that all snowmobile assembly will remain in Roseau and that any snowmobile related operations will be moved to Roseau.

Does anyone have any solid information that counters this info?
(Please cite your source so that we can all be better informed)

I'm VERY interested in finding out the facts here..

Found this on Polaris' Facebook page...

"Yesterday, Polaris announced a realignment of our manufacturing operations that included the eventual sale or closure of the Osceola manufacturing operations. Questions have been raised of how this affects the manufacturing of Polaris snowmobiles, including our Liberty engine. Polaris snowmobile assembly will remain ...in our Roseau, MN facility, and assembly of the Liberty engine will move there. This allows us to have all snowmobile manufacturing and assembly in one location, it’s still an American made snowmobile. We have planned investments going into the Roseau plant as it becomes the Polaris Snowmobile Center of Excellence. We recognize that it is difficult news for our Osceola employees and we will make every effort to ease the transition. All employees impacted by these moves will be treated with the fairness and respect they deserve."

Looks like the Polaris Snowmobiles will still be made in Good Ole USA Made!!

Moving the sled related parts and engine production from Osceola Wi, to Roseau Mn.

I guess I'll be sticking with the company that has the highest US-domestic content in their sleds.

aniflag.gif

safe_image.php

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
REPLAY...

How is this different from buying a Canadian made product?

Or a product with Canadian made parts in it?

Would you pay more for a USA built sled over a sled built in Canada?... oh wait.. the free ride already costs $13,500 USD... That would be pretty hard to sell.

HMM.

Outsourcing is outsourcing regardless: Mexico, Malaysia, Montreal or Mongolia...
And besides... The sled mfg at Polaris... at least for the time being remains in Roseau, MN... USA...

Would you sell your GM/Ford/Dodge truck because it is either built in Mexico or has a large portion of parts made in Mexico?

I can see both sides of the coin... mentioned it in another thread here.

Not as simple as it might look.

Yamaha is a Japanese company.
Arctic Cat uses Suzuki motors in most of their products.
Ski Doo... Canadian... Rotax originally a German company. I believe that their engines are built in Gunskirchen, Austria

Does this mean you are giving up snowmobiles because there is not a single snowmobile that has 100% Domestic USA mfg'd content?

At least we didn't fight the Mexicans in WWII. (grin)

Loosing the manufacturing jobs in the US seems to be a modern day reality

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
As far as I'm concerned,
Made in Canada or Made in USA= Both fine with me.
Canada is a good neighbor.

We should nuke Mexico & use what's left for chum.

N
Jan 5, 2011
Polaris' bad decision

I'm from northern Mn I know people that work in the Roseau plant. Their opinion: they're scared as hell they'll be next. I really feel sorry for those ppl in Wis, and do not know how much it'll affect the town, but im assuming it is'nt good. If poo moves Roseau manufacturing to mexico in the future and just keeps R&D in Roseau it'll be the end of that town as the only other place to work will be at the grocery store, which will go under cuz noone has money to buy food, or the gas station which will go under cuz noone has money to buy gas n smokes. I hope someone with authority in polaris readds this thread and understands that those die hard poo guys may just go canuck or bring their business to tief river as the locals call it. Saving a buck now may not be the best long term business strategy.

Premium Features