• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GPS Embedded Maps Upgrade.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
Does anybody actually ride anymore? Or just stare the screen on their sled.

The last time I actually swept the snow off and looked at my screen....... well, I can't remember doing that.
I still ride, occasionally I’ll wipe the screen off to see if I have any fuel left at all. It’s not very accurate though so I don’t wipe it much.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta

The last time I actually swept the snow off and looked at my screen....... well, I can't remember doing that.

Ride lots, and ride more now in really socked in days in unfamiliar zones, using the navigation to guide the way.
It saved a trip for us already, its not perfect, but it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
All 2025 Accessories, Products and Snowmobiles are avaialble for the 2025 Season and arrving at dealers in the fall of 2024 like every single year. cheers dave
Dave, any idea who's GPS and base map ski-doo is using or has licensed. Ideally what I would like to know is which direction they "ski-doo" may be taking for buddy tracking, for example if they are developing their own new tech or are going to license Garmin's or Polaris "Trail Tech".
I know Doo offered a branded Garmin product "the one I purchased was a Montana"in the past so they have had some sort of licensing deal before.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Dave, any idea who's GPS and base map ski-doo is using or has licensed. Ideally what I would like to know is which direction they "ski-doo" may be taking for buddy tracking, for example if they are developing their own new tech or are going to license Garmin's or Polaris "Trail Tech".
I know Doo offered a branded Garmin product "the one I purchased was a Montana"in the past so they have had some sort of licensing deal before.
Do you want to ride with your Cat budddies or Polaris buddies?

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
I have been using it quite a bit lately and it is great off trail , a big improvement would be having a satellite layer available when its connected though, why its not now :unsure:

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT

It'd kinda be fun to screen mirror your phone...like Android Auto or Apple Carplay on the 10.25" screen.
I don't have one, so maybe it's a dumb idea...lol

D

Driver

Dec 22, 2018
I bought wrecked 2024 146 turbo that was built as demo ride for spring 2023. As a surprise I found gps module under the big screen. Sled has been built 8/2022 by the frame data printed on the side of the tunnel.

IMG_1244.jpeg

I changed S and E front frame modules and bunch of other wrecked parts and gonna ride it this weekend. I doubt gps works as current software or firmware doesnt support it yet. Gonna take sled to a dealer and install latest updates but probably doesnt help either.

But found this interesting as seems to be that this was supposed to be as stock item already in 2024 sleds but they pulled it back. Probably schedule was too tight for larger scale of production.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I finally figured out why my 2024 lynx keeps loosing GPS/Connection constantly. The "heated phone" compartment gets the phone TOO HOT, and the phone starts shutting down apps due to overheating. I'm gonna unplug that. but I cannot wait until I don't have to have my phone plugged in in the first place.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I finally figured out why my 2024 lynx keeps loosing GPS/Connection constantly. The "heated phone" compartment gets the phone TOO HOT, and the phone starts shutting down apps due to overheating. I'm gonna unplug that. but I cannot wait until I don't have to have my phone plugged in in the first place.

Yep, I had a major issue with that this past weekend, even unplugging it didn’t help much. This temperature at altitude is gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Are you seeing the phone actually tell you its OVERHEATING on the display?

Premium Features