• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GPS Embedded Maps Upgrade.

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
MY 24 showed a gps module on the parts list, so what hardware would be required for the update? Or was that not the case?

P
Mar 22, 2011
The GPS will be a nice benefit to the mountain guys, but for the trail riders will still need to have their phone plugged in to create routes and see all the POI and in cell coverage for buddy tracking. Pretty lame really, what this is their 5th year with this and still can't get it right.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
It really would have been cool if BRP provided this at no cost to their snow-check customers.
My '22 snow checked lynx came with the old G4 normal gauge instead of the newer one due to chip shortages.

They wouldn't even update that to the one I paid for when the one it was supposed to have was avail.

Not surprised they are charging for this. But i'll buy it anyway for my '24 lol.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
yep, happened to quite a few people. every '22 freeride i saw at several dealers had the small gauge.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
My '22 snow checked lynx came with the old G4 normal gauge instead of the newer one due to chip shortages.

They wouldn't even update that to the one I paid for when the one it was supposed to have was avail.

Not surprised they are charging for this. But i'll buy it anyway for my '24 lol.
Did they compensate in any manner for delivering less than what was agreed upon?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I thought they would at least say..."Hey, we cannot acquire the 10" screens so we will offer that $ in credit at your BRP dealer?
FFS, that's not setting the bar too f_ing high now, is it?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
this was a subject of a bunch of posts back when the small gauge was utilized instead. i asked two dealers if compensation was gonna be coming and was told no. i'm not aware of anyone getting any sort of compensation.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
So two buddies order the same sled, identical except opts for the $1,000 gauge upgrade. One pays $17,000 & the other pays $18,000. Come fall they receive identical sleds. If you look in the dictionary under horses#1t there is a picture of this scenario.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
this was a subject of a bunch of posts back when the small gauge was utilized instead. i asked two dealers if compensation was gonna be coming and was told no. i'm not aware of anyone getting any sort of compensation.
bingo!

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Wow, what a conversation.
How many on here knew that the big gauges were on a dealer allocation? If the dealer oversold and didn’t tell the customer, don’t blame BRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Did they compensate in any manner for delivering less than what was agreed upon?
No not at all, and to be clear this was on the dinky G4 gauges vrs the slightly less dinky G5 gauge. I'm not talking about the 10.25"

but still I ordered a '22 with the new G5 dinky gauge which was a bit of an upgrade from the G4 , and got the old G4 dinky gauge.

Didn't get what I ordered, BRP didn't care.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
Wow, what a conversation.
How many on here knew that the big gauges were on a dealer allocation? If the dealer oversold and didn’t tell the customer, don’t blame BRP.

If I’m not mistaken most of them are talking about the old Casio gauge on the 22’s when the 4.5 backlit gauge was offered. They all were supposed to come with the 4.5 not dealer allocation.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
If I’m not mistaken most of them are talking about the old Casio gauge on the 22’s when the 4.5 backlit gauge was offered. They all were supposed to come with the 4.5 not dealer allocation.

lol, now I am confused, that didn’t happen on the 2023 like was reported during snowcheck.

Premium Features