• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gates Carbon Fiber Belt

C
Dec 24, 2014
I have attached the 2016 Model Specification for the SKS 800. on site #1 is are the specs for the new belt #3211183. as you can see, the circumference is 46.22" not 46.77".......

I'll tell you what... you stick with that misprint and try to find yourself a 3211183 belt that is 46.22 inches. The rest of us know that you stumbled on a misprint that doesn't exist anywhere else in Polaris literature and we will continue to run with the belts that fit the earlier models.

Can you explain how the center to center on the clutches is the same but somehow the belt shrunk half an inch?

D
Dec 2, 2012
Quahog
The axys chassis was designed to get the engine closer to the centre of the machine. Which would change the belt size. Maybe the mountain sleds are different I could be wrong.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The part number the flatland axys machines use is a 46c4387. Axys has a different c to c than any others so different belt.

As you stated that number is for the FLAT LANDER AXYS' and is the wrong belt for the AXYS RMK; Different CtoC distances between the Flat Lander AXYS and the AXYS RMK.

The AXYS RMK's CtoC distance is the same as the PRO RMK which takes the Gates Carbon Part Number 44C4553. Be sure you are getting the "C" as they make a G also, that is not Carbon corded. If you look you can find the "C"s for $75-$80 online, Dobeck stocks them and has them on E-Bay and is typically the cheapest or very close to the Discount brokers.

I have not heard any bad reviews on this Gates G2 Carbon belt yet, whether run on a PRO or an AXYS, TRS has mentioned this belt will let you know if your clutching is correct. FWIW

J
Nov 20, 2012
Fwiw.... My experience with the gates carbon belt is much different than most. On my 13 Pro I ran the stock Polaris 1115 belt to 1000 miles then decided it's time to replace. So I too didn't want to spend $180ish on a new one, so I bought the Gates carbon belt. In all fairness it obviously wasn't fully wore-in ... But I was riding like I always do on a new belt. Vary throttle and very short if any w/o pulls. At 20 miles the belt exploded into 100 pieces.

So I thought I would try the Artic Cat 048 belt, this belt lasted a long time but never ran the rpms of the 1115.... I tried to adjust belt deflection many times to bring it up but just wouldn't get there.

Finally went back to 1115 and works great! Btw... I have affiliation with Polaris so not pushing there products, just my experience, if I could find a belt that last as long with the performance at less money count me in!

As far as the 1183, it's just to soon to know.... I took my Axys out yesterday for the first time, didn't notice any slippage but I know many have.

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
Gates Carbon Axys Belt

There is going to be a new part number for the 2016 Axys Belt. Gates will have something released in the next couple of weeks. Once We (Dobeck) get the number I will post it on the forums for people that way you don't buy the wrong belt.

As far as the 44C4553 it will work on the 2016 but will not match the Sleeve angle on the clutches but not sure if the Polaris OEM belt even matches.

If anyone has any other questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

907riders.com

Mar 23, 2009
Wasilla, AK
www.907riders.com
Fwiw.... My experience with the gates carbon belt is much different than most. On my 13 Pro I ran the stock Polaris 1115 belt to 1000 miles then decided it's time to replace. So I too didn't want to spend $180ish on a new one, so I bought the Gates carbon belt. In all fairness it obviously wasn't fully wore-in ... But I was riding like I always do on a new belt. Vary throttle and very short if any w/o pulls. At 20 miles the belt exploded into 100 pieces.

So I thought I would try the Artic Cat 048 belt, this belt lasted a long time but never ran the rpms of the 1115.... I tried to adjust belt deflection many times to bring it up but just wouldn't get there.

Finally went back to 1115 and works great! Btw... I have affiliation with Polaris so not pushing there products, just my experience, if I could find a belt that last as long with the performance at less money count me in!

As far as the 1183, it's just to soon to know.... I took my Axys out yesterday for the first time, didn't notice any slippage but I know many have.

Same experience here with the gates belt... 20 miles in it came apart. Can't trust that in the back country

C
Dec 24, 2014
You have some other issue if you destroy ANY belt in 20 miles. I have had 4 of those belts on 2 different Pros and they last the same 500 miles of any belt I have tried, including the Poo 115, Cat 048 and Gates. I found the Gates to be the most consistent, the Polaris the least.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
You have some other issue if you destroy ANY belt in 20 miles. I have had 4 of those belts on 2 different Pros and they last the same 500 miles of any belt I have tried, including the Poo 115, Cat 048 and Gates. I found the Gates to be the most consistent, the Polaris the least.

I agree, if you're shredding a belt in less than even 200 miles, you have issues.

1) check / verify condition of your engine mounts
2) check / verify belt alignment and offset
3) check / verify proper sheave to belt clearance
4) clutching is balanced and not fighting each other, and also not slipping anywhere in the shift either

That is why I said "this belt will tell you if your clutching is off" it will not tolerate shoddy clutching or the absence of proper care / maintenance.

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
Polaris Axys Gates Belt Part Number

Just to let everyone know. I talked with my Contact at Gates. The new belt for the Axys will be in stock with them soon. Here is the new part number and I believe Dobeck will be stocking at least 20 of them.

45C4553 - Carbon 2016 Polaris Axys

C
Dec 24, 2014
Just to let everyone know. I talked with my Contact at Gates. The new belt for the Axys will be in stock with them soon. Here is the new part number and I believe Dobeck will be stocking at least 20 of them.

45C4553 - Carbon 2016 Polaris Axys

Serve me up some of that crow...LOL

I blew up the Pro Ride version of the Gates Carbon yesterday on my Axys. Just over 200 miles on the belt, total disintegration riding to the truck down the trail.

I am definitely give the new part number a try though. The 44C worked great on my Pro. Hopefully the 45C is the answer on the Axys.

I must admit though, the stock belt with a couple hundred miles on it feels GREAT still.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I agree the stock axys belt after a few rides is so much better then when you first put it on.

J
Dec 17, 2010
Newfoundland
Can't speak much for my current axys as it's my first new sled and first polaris ever but the belt on it is fine and grips hard and has very consistant rpms. Personally i'll be sticking with the oem belt considering i've never had any luck with aftermarket belts of any kind with any other sled i've owned or lasting as long as oem ones. Plus my best friend and main riding buddy has over 3500km on his original belt on his assault and the dealer told me they very rarely see people blow a belt with less then 3k+ kms on it unless to due a manufacture defect or improper matienence/breakin. Have never blown a factory oem belt yet to this day(knock on wood). Usually just change them out and keep as a spare after 2-3000km or every couple seasons.

Premium Features