• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gas can mount location

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I second the armadillo bag, I have the 3 gallon one and it fits perfect right on top of my burandt bag. I use 2 of the pronghorn straps that they sell to attach it to the tunnel bag. It's very secure and will not fall off or even slide around.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Any of you have a picture of this Armadillo burandt bag setup? Are you just securing it to the clips on the bag or something more extreme to keep it secure on a rough trail?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Long Titan straps are the most secure way in my experience.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
just around the burandt bag? then rely on the burandt bag attachment points to keep it on the tunnel through the whoops?
You can run straps through the front lock & ride base mount, each running board side, etc. Just depends on how violent your access zone is.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
just around the burandt bag? then rely on the burandt bag attachment points to keep it on the tunnel through the whoops?
I ditched the t slot attachement hardware on my burandt bag when I had it on my axys. I went with stove bolts on the axyx and mounted it like that. On my boost some of the holes that were already in the tunnel lined up, i think i just drilled the second set and bolted the bag right to the tunnel with the rubber spacers from the original hardware.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Maybe it's just me, but I like securing anything heavy to something other than the tunnel's small bolt holes. The running boards are at least fixed along multiple points along the relatively thin tunnel material.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Armadillo is what it looks like when I jump in cold water. That being said, I think ima try the bag idear.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I just bought the two gallon it’s about the same length and width of the large Burandt bag. I’m hoping it will fit inside the Burandt bag when full with enough room for tools if not I’ll strap it on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Both sizes roll up nicely to store once the gas is poured into your tank. Ideally that's earlier in the ride vs. later. I think it just comes down to preference/need. The weight difference is about 8.5 lbs when full! YMMV, seriously.

Premium Features