• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA tunnel bag mounting on the cheap

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
I’m a big fan of the BCA tunnel bag, but I didn’t really want to use a LINQ mounting plate or adapter. Here’s what I did, let me know if you have any questions.

-Removed the Lock & Ride flex bracket and mounted the short part of 2 of the BCA straps to the rear tank bolts.

-Added a 1/4-20x2” button head Allen bolt up through the tunnel. You can see in the pic which holes I used, but the bag could be mounted one set further forward or even further to the back. I added a nylon washer, a fender washer, and a nyloc on top of the tunnel. On top of that are some rubber bumpers from McMaster-Carr.

-On the forward 2 holes of the bag I added the adjustable portion of the BCA straps with some washers and rubber bumpers. Secured inside the bag with a fender washer and nyloc.

-I wanted to keep the quick detach function that you get with a LINQ setup, so inside the bag I use two 1/4-20 knobs from McMaster-Carr and fender washers to secure the bag to the rear tunnel “studs”. Literally takes less than 30 seconds to put on or take off.

From McMaster-Carr…
IMG_3533.jpeg
Pics of the install…
IMG_3529.jpegIMG_3526.jpeg
IMG_3532.jpeg
IMG_3527.jpeg

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I can appreciate your approach to doing this affordable (in a sport that seems to never be!). But the attachment knobs or Polaris latches in the bag make removing the bag difficult. You have to unzip it and risk stuff falling out to unlatch it. The LINQ setup allows you to remove the bag without opening it. But the cost is more to get adapters and LINQ parts for that setup.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Risk stuff falling out?
What’re you doing with yours?
Hauling sex toys you don’t want Gma to see when you stop for lunch?

Premium Features