• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

first real trail ride yesterday!

well boys! had my first real ride yesterday! did around 250 - 300km
my fuel range has seemed to get alot better for the distance traviled!
since i recloated my shock mount to my frame, it seems to feel very nice with the relocation brackets.
let me say first that this thing is a rocket ship! have no problem keeping up with sleds in the straiht aways, and as for corners, you know how that goes! still need to get the longer belt since the one i have sits about 1/4 down in my seondary. hoping this will get me a little more top end.
on the down side, 5KM back to parking lot i boiled over. my little oil bottle went from full at the begining of the ride to empty! we added water to try and get me back to the parking lot but it dident seem to have any movment in the system! i think my water pump is F uped. not sure what im gonna do now, cash flow is low. might be puting the hawk away for the rest of the year. over all am happy with the build i did. 800s rock for the fat kids!
and last is the extra padding in the seat, saves your tail bone and lets you ride alot longer. also makes he transtion from siting to standing alot easier.
oh well, we will see how things go. one last thing for you guys, im geting a back fire when ever i shut my macine down. whats that all about?

X
Jan 24, 2010
Bethany, Ontario
trail ride

Hey Jeremy,

Got your call. Glad you got out. We are still lacking snow in my area. We have had a couple inches of fresh snow which now cover all that ice. Not a nice combo for a machine that is not studded. Hopefully your machine issue is not major so you can get back out. Backfiring when shutting down is most likely related to your over-heating. Back-firing when you are thottling down means you are lean on your jetting.

Darryl

Premium Features