• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do Turbo Sleds Last....

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Nice coverage of this sled .I bought one also 2100 miles on it ,original drive belt and the belt is still on good shape.Changed clutching and added side vents.Works great :giggle:

Gremon

Lifetime Membership
Apr 29, 2011
Colorado
I’m glad some guys get good sleds. My 23 expert turbo 165 lost the motor in 6 miles (9.5 km). Dealer found a pinched oil line from assembly. Warranty took 2 month to get the sled back. Started this season with 93 miles (150 km) on the sled. First ride out the motor lost all power would only idle. At 113 miles (182 km) it’s sitting at the dealer waiting for a new ECU. 4 trips into the mountains 2 tows out. At this rate I’m just hoping the sled makes 1000 kms without getting towed out again.

P

Paul G

Apr 17, 2023
Bozeman, Montana
Yup, I have an 18 gen 4 that has been really reliable, but my 23 expert turbo r has had a couple of issues, none motor related. I wasn't happy to tow this thing out, injector shorted out, ecu crapped out, speedo sensor went bad. I love the sled but it's far from perfect.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
I traded my 20.5 turbo in at 1750 miles and it blew up on the next ride. Of the 8 or so sold at my dealer 4 didn’t make it to 500 miles without engine failures. The other 3 of 4 made it to 3k without problems. All of the years since have been great on the turbos for my group and I well… there was that chaincase problem but uhhh. Love the way they ride though. Still far less problems than all my buddy’s Polaris junk.

Premium Features