• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

diesel furnace in trailer. works well

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
A neighbor down the road was staying in a sled trailer elk hunting. He was lighting a propane heater when he was getting up. Had a bad explosion and is still in the burn unit in Salt Lake City, UT. Don’t know the details yet, but he is lucky to be alive.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Is there a diesel parking heater that isn’t “chinah garbage”?
We run the Chinese ones in a work trailer. 24/7 all winter to keep product warm. They last about a season. if I wasn’t sleeping in the trailer I’d have no problem running one. I got one for my sled trailer but haven’t installed it yet.

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Curious about the outlet temp of these? I see you guys are running a short run of the actual duct then going to pvc pretty quickly. Pvc obviously not getting too hot close to heater? I know it can get squishy without a ton of heat. Using regular schedule 40? That stuff is cheap and I have a ton of miscellaneous chunks of it.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Air temp at the end of the flexible hose is +180°f

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i used my 8k vevor for the first time in my 7.5x23' stealth trailer. its uninsulated but it is paneled on the inside. it was about 5 degrees out and it didnt get warm enough to melt snow off the sleds running all night, I may install a second one or **** can the idea all together and go out on a limb and get a logan coach

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
i used my 8k vevor for the first time in my 7.5x23' stealth trailer. its uninsulated but it is paneled on the inside. it was about 5 degrees out and it didnt get warm enough to melt snow off the sleds running all night, I may install a second one or **** can the idea all together and go out on a limb and get a logan coach
Run an electric fan on the floor to circulate the air.

If u have the diesel heater without any ducting, all the heat is at the top of the trailer.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
Run an electric fan on the floor to circulate the air.

If u have the diesel heater without any ducting, all the heat is at the top of the trailer.

yes the no ducting is definitely an issue. i thought about running some 2" down along the floor for ducting

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
got a new trailer 21 foot long 7 wide walls are finished but not insulated ceiling has nothing on it yet. i got a 8 inch deep metal cabinet and mounted two of the heaters on top of it. the exhaust runs down into the cabinet then out through the wall with stainless through hull fittings. ive got a battery from my sled mounted in the cabinet with a charger maintainer hooked up. i use a noco through wall cord that has two female ends. one is hooked up to the charger and the other has a 1 to three adapter that hangs out through a hole in cabinet to power a crock pot for hot dogs on the kids race day. the heaters will keep it around 70 in the trailer when its 0 or so out. so when the ceiling gets finished it should be even better. with heaters at 70 percent power i think you would use 3 gallons of diesel in 8 hours maybe a little more but i doubt it. i love these, get the fuel at any gas station and dont have to use up space for a propane tank.

Premium Features