• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DEEP POWDER VIDS - Turbo Apex, Turbo Nytro, Turbo Rx-1

X
Nov 26, 2007
Nice vid Nate, but did you really have to put where you were at in it?:mad:

Did I put it in there somewhere? If so, I didn't mean to - where was it?

EDIT: Nevermind - I found it. I just may have to repost it without the AutoTitle Page.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
Thanks for the video, and very nice. You can certainly tell on the first hill taped, the chute to the left is quite long and steep. It certainly made the turbo bark a bit, right toward the top. I'd say that is quite the hill. Also, certainly the last hill was very steep, although not long, I'd still have all I could handle going up that hill in any sled, turbo'd or not.

Thanks for taking the time to post and video.

Happy, safe sleddin'

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
Looks like alot of fun Nate. Is that notellin canyon;)

So, are you ready to go back to a light weight T2....?

S
Dec 22, 2007
Sweet Videos!!!

I have never heard a turbo make a weird noise when you let the throttle off like the one does in the videos?? (red Sled I believe) Just wondering why it does that??

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
Sweet Videos!!!

I have never heard a turbo make a weird noise when you let the throttle off like the one does in the videos?? (red Sled I believe) Just wondering why it does that??

blow off valve! it allows the pressure a way out and keeps the pressure in the intake track from reversing the flow and going back out the turbo inlet, or bark! bark is more of a woof woof, fluter sound and it will stop the compressor impeller from rotating and can brake the shaft of the turbo!
-robert

X
Nov 26, 2007
blow off valve! it allows the pressure a way out and keeps the pressure in the intake track from reversing the flow and going back out the turbo inlet, or bark! bark is more of a woof woof, fluter sound and it will stop the compressor impeller from rotating and can brake the shaft of the turbo!
-robert

Yeah, I hear that compressor surge (or "bark") isn't too good for the 'ole turbo...

X
Nov 26, 2007
Looks like alot of fun Nate. Is that notellin canyon;)

So, are you ready to go back to a light weight T2....?

I saw your pull on youtube - NICE!

Location was Notellum, UT - freaking amazing.....as for the light weight T2 - not just no, but HECK NO! The Apex isn't the solve all end all, but it is by far the funnest all around sled I have ever been around for reliability, power, deep snow performance, etc. Now when it comes to hardpack - let's just say it is left severely wanting.....

But why would you ride hard pack when you can ride the snow conditions in those vids, right? :)

D
Dec 4, 2007
Nice Vids....some great pulls

Wow...love to see videos like that. I need to pack my video camera more often...but I usually have my regular camera instead.....I did laugh a little that someone was worried about Tony's being posted.....don't know about the rest of you but it isn't a secret!!!!! There are only a certain amount of people that could really ride up there anyway....had one of the best days of the year up there in January....was honestly the deepest powder I have ever ridden in my life....over the hood literally!!!!

again great videos...

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
Wow...love to see videos like that. I need to pack my video camera more often...but I usually have my regular camera instead.....I did laugh a little that someone was worried about Tony's being posted.....don't know about the rest of you but it isn't a secret!!!!! There are only a certain amount of people that could really ride up there anyway....had one of the best days of the year up there in January....was honestly the deepest powder I have ever ridden in my life....over the hood literally!!!!

again great videos...

Nobody said it was a secret. But if you have a sweet little fishing hole, do you tell all your friends, and there friends, and strangers at the store, where its at?
Not if you want to keep a sweet little fishing hole.....

T
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
.........and then there's the Turbo Apex..... what power.

Nice last vid.....certainly some strong pulls.....good job taping.

I guess I'll have to start saving these vids somehow.

Keep riding, guys, and play hard while being safe.

Premium Features