• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DEEP POWDER VIDS - Turbo Apex, Turbo Nytro, Turbo Rx-1

X
Nov 26, 2007
The skiiers were actually pretty cool about sharing the mountain. They kept their collective mouths shut and, in turn, we didn't use them for traction on our way up the chutes. ;) We have a kind of give and take relationship....

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
Jerks! You could have went to Alpine with us, and wished you were riding home all weekend like we did......

Nice video, wish I was there. Was Dustin riding his old sled?

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
Jerks! You could have went to Alpine with us, and wished you were riding home all weekend like we did......

Nice video, wish I was there. Was Dustin riding his old sled?

Ha! I think you already kind of knew that outcome before you left:p. We'll have to take you to our new place. Dustin was riding the t700. I think we're making a trip to our "old" place mid week, let's get together we need to hit those chutes we dibed for the next ride because my gas light was on and I was running on fumes.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
Pretty big mouth for a XP rider.......

Zeb, give me a call and let me know when you are heading up. Wednesday is out for me though. How about thursday?

B
Jan 13, 2008
No Seceret Spot

Just glad you guys were able to use our tracks in that area. Try pulling those chutes when there are no tracks and some of the deep stuff. (wait don't try it, it sucks and some massive slides have come down right in those two areas.) Don't get me wrong those tapexs are powerful and all, but in those conditions even the xp would look great. (until 1 of the many possibilites of failure go wrong)

X
Nov 26, 2007
Just glad you guys were able to use our tracks in that area. Try pulling those chutes when there are no tracks and some of the deep stuff. (wait don't try it, it sucks and some massive slides have come down right in those two areas.) Don't get me wrong those tapexs are powerful and all, but in those conditions even the xp would look great. (until 1 of the many possibilites of failure go wrong)

No doubt the location is no secret to those who know it, but why open it up to everyone, right? :) Also, why is it that you assume we would be unable to climb those same chutes without your tracks. For the record, the only tracks we found were those up near the cliffs. Is there anything wrong with riding and enjoying a great ride with good friends and posting a vid of the experience so your friends can take a gander? So are you saying that an XP would have kept up with our sleds in those conditions? or just that anyone who rides that area after you is inferior? Excuse me if I miss any sarcasm, but I'm always confused at the presumptive comments of guys on the forum...

Jed - we're making another Race Fuel Run toward the end of this week if you need any :)

BTW - After the first clip Dustin was riding his piped 800 with the big shot of Nos...

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah

Ha, Look at the first chute on that video, do you see me in any tracks? The only chute where we were in tracks was the latter one, and there was no other way to get up it except through those tracks. Trust me, most the day we were plowing our own trail and supprising enough, the snow was still pretty deep. I would be more then happy to try that particular chute in the deep stuff, except I don't want to die in a avy either. Nate you should just email us these clips and quit posting them here, I get tired of dealing with this nonsense.

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
you guys better keep posting these links for us a few guys you like to keyboard ride shouldn't wreck it for everyone

T
Mar 3, 2008
burnsville mn
you guys better keep posting these links for us a few guys you like to keyboard ride shouldn't wreck it for everyone

he!! ya, keep 'em coming, not all of us get to "go up there on wed or thurs" its next jan or next feb. flicks like that help ease the pain. well that and a case of beer:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

B
Jan 13, 2008
Nate,
The sarcasm was high on that post. I wasn't dissn on your buggies. That is a sweet area to ride. Seems like every time we have been in there we see snowboarders and skiers. My whole point in that, wasn't that once we have been in an area it is inferior, I was just saying if you haven't been in the there before be careful. I have seen some narly slides in that first area you were filming, as I am sure you could tell. I was just wondering if you guys headed west after that long chute pull? Next time you come up this way let me know and I will show you some other fun places up there to ride.
As far as the xp comment, that was totally sarcastic. I don't know anybody who has one that hasn't had problems. Not say there are some out there that haven't. In fact I was thinking about a new business venture, "Ski-doo must Rescue" Employ someone to pack extra ski-doo belts and a hefty tow strap to rescue em.

Zac

X
Nov 26, 2007
Nate,
The sarcasm was high on that post. I wasn't dissn on your buggies. That is a sweet area to ride. Seems like every time we have been in there we see snowboarders and skiers. My whole point in that, wasn't that once we have been in an area it is inferior, I was just saying if you haven't been in the there before be careful. I have seen some narly slides in that first area you were filming, as I am sure you could tell. I was just wondering if you guys headed west after that long chute pull? Next time you come up this way let me know and I will show you some other fun places up there to ride.
As far as the xp comment, that was totally sarcastic. I don't know anybody who has one that hasn't had problems. Not say there are some out there that haven't. In fact I was thinking about a new business venture, "Ski-doo must Rescue" Employ someone to pack extra ski-doo belts and a hefty tow strap to rescue em.

Zac

Zac,

Where the heck have you been? If I'd have known the author, I wouldn't have had to ask! That was my first time to that area and I honestly couldn't believe how steep and long all the pulls were. I can only imagine the avys that slide in that area. Not knowing the terrain beforehand definitely made for some interesting riding - we headed up west of that first climb area and up the drainage (a very, very, very long pull) to the ski resort boundary and then headed down some tight trees to the base of that cliff area. The loop was unbelievable but a few of those blind drops through the trees had me shaking pretty bad and I'm not ashamed to admit it! :)

B
Jan 13, 2008
There is a chute in that general area that is called pucker chute for a reason. That is some of the most technical riding around here. A lot of fun up there. Seriously come up again and i will show you a couple other places that are bar coded.

Zac

T
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
You guys quit BS'ing and start riding because it'll be next year before I can get west for some deep riding with our group. You had better be hittin' the video start button and when your done, post just for me to watch/dream....... lol!

Premium Features