• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colorado 4m Ride update 11/27/07

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C
Nov 26, 2007
Denver
Let's get a sound off of evryone who will be at this years ride. Do we need to send money to Chad or how is this all going to work?
Who has reserved a room already?

I have not, going to see how hubby's back does. However, I just got the nitice this week that I have Thursday, Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon off and do not have to be back until 11pm on Tues:D

Now if hubby's back heals and he get's his sled back together....

VE69 how much have you been out this year?

S
Nov 27, 2007
Castle Rock, CO
Yeah, I hear ya - we dug out three as well - one off of Kebler, another in Splains and one of Greg's Rent-a-wreck's above the Y. The guy we dug above the Y was a Poo with a torn up rack - said he had just been stuck in a gully. LOL.

You'd think these rental guys would have a few helping hands up there on the busiest weekend just to salvage their sleds and maybe even their customers.

Maybe heading back out this afternoon - going to go higher towards Robinson, or over behind the Um...Cliff Creek?

MD.

I miss BURT rentals, that would have never happened

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
Let's get a sound off of evryone who will be at this years ride. Do we need to send money to Chad or how is this all going to work?
Who has reserved a room already?

I have not, going to see how hubby's back does. However, I just got the nitice this week that I have Thursday, Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon off and do not have to be back until 11pm on Tues:D

Now if hubby's back heals and he get's his sled back together....

VE69 how much have you been out this year?

Hey Steph, everything seems to be coming together.... Chad will be starting another thread with all the details, cost, places, ect.... This thread has gotten a bit off track to be just about the forum ride. I suspect this will happen in the next week.

I have not had a chance to get out yet, as I have been getting my sled finished. I have been doing quite a bit of traveling as well, which has put the dampers to getting everything completed.

I do have rooms held at the Water Wheel Inn...

Hope you guys are able to make it thi year..... Wouldn't be the same with out ya:D

C
Nov 30, 2007
crested butte CO
another bid dump for CB

Its been snowing like crazy up here, 2 feet of new here in town. the ski area reports show that CB was in just the right spot to get hammered out of this storm track. Still raining in Cali, so this should keep up for a while.

J
Nov 26, 2007
Denver
DooGirl and I have booked at Water Wheel along with Skyjumper and his Chick.

We figured we would bring another couple for a foursome, the threesome with BeerGut last year was over rated.

Please see attached photos of Beergut in my hot tub.

4mride029.jpg

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I am planning on it. I have a room reserved but it all depends if my sled stays running or not. Been having some problems with it this year!

D

deadcat

Nov 27, 2007
Castle Rock CO
Its been snowing like crazy up here, 2 feet of new here in town. the ski area reports show that CB was in just the right spot to get hammered out of this storm track. Still raining in Cali, so this should keep up for a while.

Good luck clearing the trail. 3 miles of slides from dump. Hope youe get paid by the hour to run the cat.

C
Nov 30, 2007
crested butte CO
avy's cleared

GAR and myself did a groomer run last night. We cleared out the avy runouts across the trail. It was a blast grooming in the deep stuff. We had runouts where I have never seen slides before. There was not much debris in the snow so the trail cutting went pretty easy. Expect to see a fantastic base of snow by presidents day.
Rob

B

Boondock

Oct 4, 2001
Colorado
www.snowest.com
GAR and myself did a groomer run last night. We cleared out the avy runouts across the trail. It was a blast grooming in the deep stuff. We had runouts where I have never seen slides before. There was not much debris in the snow so the trail cutting went pretty easy. Expect to see a fantastic base of snow by presidents day.
Rob

Did the big one run to the parking lot Rob??

Thanks for the update!!!:D

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
Since Wyoming Can Come Along

Nate- Thanks for breaking the ICE.

2- of us from Rock Springs would like to ride..sounding like a good time.
Last time I went to a 4Mride it was in Island Park years ago..
So time to re-inlist...:beer;

Premium Features