• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4th Annual COOKE CITY New Years - UYSC Sled N' Liver Tune

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Turbo sleds should be put in a class of their own????...don't you think?

Just a thought, thanks for putting this togther, hope I can make it!

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
when we set up the course we have 4 lanes to choose from. these lanes get pretty bumpy by the end of the day, so rider and handling abilty does come into play.

As far as the turbo's being in a class last year there wasn't a turbo that beat anything other than there rider. I think that unlimited 1000+ mod class is going to be a tight class. you might have a 1200CC m1 against a turbo'd apex or nitro!:D

to get back to the stock class I think that any pipe and clutching is fine including fuel management.

once you crack a bolt to get into the motor that is a different story. (what is everyone's thoughts)

Cooke City that is fine if you want to have a box stock class (cause your not) I hope you look forward to seeing lots of snowflaps from people that have done motor work.

Remember this is not sanctioned it is for bragging rights! oh ya and a Liver Tune trophy.

Just remember to bring your wallets to the auction and be prepaired to by the famous lid!

KJP

C
Nov 26, 2007
Beels I agree the track gets pretty rough!!!!!!!! the turbos were not a factor last year, I think I even recall one not making the hill. Duct tape hands to the handle bars and rider ablity helps alot in these races. Also Beels maybe you will get a smooth track this year or not..........HaHAHA................

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
In all honesty, you guys might look around for a longer hill if you're serious about a turbo category. But then you've got the avy problem...

We did a longer hill 2 years ago and we couldn't keep people of from it and we had a avy that someone set off and get him and his sled. Luckly the guy wasn't pulled under, but it did put other guys on the line and the flag guys in harms way.

We have a safe spot that isn't really that long of a pull, but it still shows who is who. safe and fun is what we are after here!

KJP

L
Nov 26, 2007
Laramie, Wyoming
Yeah, I made it to the ride 2 years ago just as the guy was getting pulled out of the avy. Sure the Round Lake hill is nice and safe, but it's just a little short to let the turbo's get their legs going and after all, they are kinda fun to watch, aren't they? Whatever you guys want though, it ain't my choice and going the safe route is prolly smater anyway. 'Night fellas!

B
Dec 22, 2002
Billings, MT
What kind of race is this? Where would a 1000 turbo and nitrous sled fit in? :D

Here's apicture of the race hill about mid day last year. As for the modded 700 guys getting picked on in the 999 and under mod class. Couldn't they simply jump over to the stock 1000+ class?

attachment.php

Jim

S and L Tune Race Hill resized.JPG

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
The trophies just got dropped off at my office so here is a photo.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7229237

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7229236

I think that they turned out good!

As far as a modded 7 jumping in to stock 1k class that might work something maybe we could talk about at the minors the night before. I would like to have pretty much everyone signed up the night before so I can work on getting some brackets set up. I know that there will be people on the hill that day that want to jump in and that is fine also, but then we would already have a head start.

KJP

B
Dec 22, 2002
Billings, MT
The trophies just got dropped off at my office so here is a photo.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7229237

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7229236

I think that they turned out good!

As far as a modded 7 jumping in to stock 1k class that might work something maybe we could talk about at the minors the night before. I would like to have pretty much everyone signed up the night before so I can work on getting some brackets set up. I know that there will be people on the hill that day that want to jump in and that is fine also, but then we would already have a head start.

KJP

Nice looking trophies. So whats the big one; Is it the asshat award? I just assumed it was since; there were four classes to have a winner trophey and one for the asshat of the day and there four of equal size and one big one. I'll probably be out with geno and the rest of the group tearing up all the rest of the hill while you guys are hamering the $hit out that one hill:p.

Jim

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
^^ Same as last year Huh?

The bigger one is for the King of the hill pretty much open mod class. I want to see some of you fellas with the big T's come compete this year!

KJP

B
Dec 22, 2002
Billings, MT
^^ Same as last year Huh?

The bigger one is for the King of the hill pretty much open mod class. I want to see some of you fellas with the big T's come compete this year!

KJP

Yup pretty much LOL. I thought about doing it last year until I saw those whoops.

I would like to see someone with a bit T compete also. I bet they could turn them whoops into sets of doubles once they're spooled up. I just run the lowly Stage 1 SC; I'm sure theres modded 2-stroke sleds that will outrun it.

So far the only sleds I have raced are Q-Dogs M-7 with N2O (on and off the juice), "Puddytat", and Robb's (gettnunstuck) Rev 800. The M-7 on the juice got me for the first 20'. I have also raced some turbo RX-1s 3 yrs ago when I was still NA and it was no contest after me getting the jump for about 5' LOL. They just smoked by me like I was goin backwards.

Edit; genos sled is at Brandons getting a Boondockers Sidemount installed and dialed in for New Years weekend. Maybe he can race it.

Jim

Last edited:
Premium Features