• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 RMK Pro Engine

K
Dec 16, 2023
Tahoe
Need a 2011 PRO Engine or one that will fit in. Looking for a complete engine. Mine exploded and sent parts out of the bottom of the case and reeds.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'd suggest posting a WTB in the classified section. It's kind of a long shot, but if you throw out an dollar figure, it might move someone. Another thought: you might be able to salvage enough parts, even with an exploded case, to piece together a good motor for cheaper than a used one. I'd be leery of slapping in an engine bought sight unseen, and they aren't easy to find. Unfortunately, a good, running Pro 800 engine isn't much cheaper bought by itself than it is with the rest of the sled.

C
Dec 14, 2020
I'd suggest posting a WTB in the classified section. It's kind of a long shot, but if you throw out an dollar figure, it might move someone. Another thought: you might be able to salvage enough parts, even with an exploded case, to piece together a good motor for cheaper than a used one. I'd be leery of slapping in an engine bought sight unseen, and they aren't easy to find. Unfortunately, a good, running Pro 800 engine isn't much cheaper bought by itself than it is with the rest of the sled.

I've found this to be the case with any sled that falls under the $4-5k range.

May as well buy a complete sled and part out everything.

Or go to Indy Dan and see if he has a complete one to sell.

I've seen a few sled junkyards on eBay. They generally have blown up engines which is why they are getting parted out. Sometimes there is one with a good motor and a broken bulkhead. I'd still do a 100% rebuild on one to make sure everything is perfect before you drop it in.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I've found this to be the case with any sled that falls under the $4-5k range.

May as well buy a complete sled and part out everything.

Or go to Indy Dan and see if he has a complete one to sell.

I've seen a few sled junkyards on eBay. They generally have blown up engines which is why they are getting parted out. Sometimes there is one with a good motor and a broken bulkhead. I'd still do a 100% rebuild on one to make sure everything is perfect before you drop it in.
I see that kind of thing too. You might get lucky and come across someone clearing out their garage. And with the Pro, just a running motor is probably $2000 if somebody's parting a sled, and I'd be thinking the same thing: I'd tear it apart, have the crank done if there's any question, and throw a top end kit in it. You might be looking at the same price as just buying one from Indy Dan.

Unless you've got a really trick setup, the rest of the sled is worth a grand or so (maybe a little more parted out). For a basic sled with a blown motor, I'd just part it out and move on unless I lucked out on another motor. My Pro is in real nice shape with a bunch of tweaks and upgrades, and I'm becoming more and more proactive: I check things over and spend a few hundred (a bit more this year with some crank work) to fix anything that doesn't check out. God willing, that'll keep it going until I'm ready to upgrade.

Premium Features