• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 axys pro 800. Rpm at idle low and dropping

D

Dawson1223

Feb 6, 2024
Revelstoke
Hey guys.

Sled is idling at 1500rpm on cold start. When engine get to temp idle rpm will drop till sled dies. The occasional time after wot pull the sled will idle at 1750. I just put in fresh reeds. And this started happening. Check TPs and it was little low on output voltage. Adjusted to spec. Since sleds apart what else should one look at. Fuel sock is brand new just clean injectors. Power valves are clean. Is this a common issue on fresh reeds or should I look at putting old ones in. Old ones look like new. Only reason I replaced them was trouble shooting det issue and sled dieing at wot. That issue has been solved and. Wot sled pulls 8350 as I have it clutched and tuned for that rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
TPS was my first thought, but if that's been addressed, I'd have to suspect something's off with the new reeds, or something got put together wrong - maybe there's an air leak between the crankcase and throttle body. I've got stock reeds with who knows how many miles, and it's still going great. If there's not a .010 or more gap (there's a number in the FSM) between the reed and the cage, and they're not chipped, cracked, or warped, they're fine. Also, not to be alarmist, but if I'd seen frequent det codes, I'd be concerned about engine damage. Compression and leak-down checks couldn't hurt, but easier said than done if you don't have the tools on hand. Another thing I'd do is ohm out all the sensors and such - make sure you don't have something out of spec that the ECU isn't catching - and check and re-seat all electrical connectors. What was it that caused the det and dying issue you mentioned?

D

Dawson1223

Feb 6, 2024
Revelstoke
My in injector where clogged compression 135 both sides. Checked stator as well and is to spec. I’ll look into the ecm. Only reason I pulled original reeds was because of how the sled was running after rebuild. Went for put out ride to test top end and ran clean then went out to ride snd **** didn’t work out. Cleaned injectors and det issue solved and sled ran nice. Now it’s idle rpm and dropping. Haven’t been able to get out yet after tps adjustment.

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
If it was running fine before the new reeds that could be your problem and you might want to put the old ones back in as long as they are in spec. Might want to verify your tps again too, to make sure it didn't move.

D

Dawson1223

Feb 6, 2024
Revelstoke
Back to normal idle rpm don’t understand why fresh reeds would cause this issue

Premium Features