• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Supercharger build

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Picked up my 2015 M8 Proclimb today.

List of future mods include, oil delete, TKI belt drive, camo extreme 156 X 3, supercharger, gauge reflash, swap out adjustable post to a fixed post, and replace front bumper.

So I started with the oil delete. I know some will say just go with the BDX oil delete, but I've always drilled the case. I feel it's more reliable.

The case is drilled on the PTO side. I will drill the hole at the end of the screwdriver at a angle to get into the center cavity to allow oil to lubricate the water pump shaft gear.

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Keep the updates and picks coming. Sounds like a monster sled build. 3" PC going on that thing?

S
Jan 22, 2008
Southern, MN
The new tractor is going to have a little more schnuts now....should get your fat azz to the top. Can't wait to line them up and really compare turbo vs supercharger. (You'll just have to give me 5 minutes to get the beoch started)

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
whoa

thats going to be a beast ,, holy cats

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Must say you got balls that tears into a brand new 0 mile sled and rip it apart all the way down to the motor. How does this affect the warranty?

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Must say you got balls that tears into a brand new 0 mile sled and rip it apart all the way down to the motor. How does this affect the warranty?
Once the supercharger is bolted on the warranty on the motor is void. So it really a non issue with the motor tear down. I would also imagine that any drive train failures would not be covered due to the additional horsepower.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
To drill the case I center punched the spot I want to drill the hole.

You need to make sure that the drill bit is going to come out in the center cavity.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Here is a view of the hole from the other side.

Then I use progressively bigger bits to cup the hole, this will help catch the oil.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
The purpose to drilling the case is to keep the water/oil pump shaft lubricated after the oil pump is pulled. Here's a picture of the water/oil pump shaft.

Prior to assembling the case I added a small amount of grease to the gears. After the case is together I added more grease to the cavity, then closed it up.

S
Jan 22, 2008
Southern, MN
Good progress

Looks like you are making good progress. I'd say you have it pretty well tore apart for day 2. Dealer didn't even get to unwrap it for u. Probably could have saved a few bucks and just had arctic cat send you the disassembled parts. Should be back together by tomorrow night, right?

Yep, gonna be fun to ride this one!

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Looks like you are making good progress. I'd say you have it pretty well tore apart for day 2. Dealer didn't even get to unwrap it for u. Probably could have saved a few bucks and just had arctic cat send you the disassembled parts. Should be back together by tomorrow night, right?

Yep, gonna be fun to ride this one!

Still waiting on a few parts, so not gonna make it back together by tomorrow night. :face-icon-small-coo I did manage to get the oil tank and chain case out. Might swap out the track tomorrow since I do have that.

Last edited:

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Just for fun I did weigh PTO vs MAG side parts to see how balance or unbalance it may be. I just weighed the parts with my bathroom scale, so they may not be exact.

Secondary clutch = 9.2
Primary clutch = 12.2
Brake assembly = 5.0 (I'm just guessing on this. If you know what it weighs let me know and I'll adjust)

Total PTO side = 26.4

Stock can = 20.0
Gears and cases = 8.2
Fluid = 5.25 (based on 3/4 gal at 7 lbs per gal)

Total stock MAG side = 33.45

Speedwerx can = 8.2
Belt drive = 2.6 (from TKI belt drive post)
Assorted supercharger brackets = 8.0

Total mod MAG side = 18.8

Rough stock difference is 7.05 with the MAG side being heavier.

Rough mod difference is 7.6 with the PTO side being heavier.

I still need to factor in the supercharger unit itself, but that is one of the parts I'm still waiting for. If I had to guess I'd say it's between 5-10 lbs. Based off these rough numbers it looks like it should be fairly balanced.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Just for fun I did weigh PTO vs MAG side parts to see how balance or unbalance it may be. I just weighed the parts with my bathroom scale, so they may not be exact.

Secondary clutch = 9.2
Primary clutch = 12.2
Brake assembly = 5.0 (I'm just guessing on this. If you know what it weighs let me know and I'll adjust)

Total PTO side = 26.4

Stock can = 20.0
Gears and cases = 8.2
Fluid = 5.25 (based on 3/4 gal at 7 lbs per gal)

Total stock MAG side = 33.45

Speedwerx can = 8.2
Belt drive = 2.6 (from TKI belt drive post)
Assorted supercharger brackets = 8.0

Total mod MAG side = 18.8

Rough stock difference is 7.05 with the MAG side being heavier.

Rough mod difference is 7.6 with the PTO side being heavier.

I still need to factor in the supercharger unit itself, but that is one of the parts I'm still waiting for. If I had to guess I'd say it's between 5-10 lbs. Based off these rough numbers it looks like it should be fairly balanced.

When you think about it 5# between the mag/pto coming from the production line to the consumer isn't to bad.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
now take into consideration how far off center the motor sits and the teeter toddler has more weight on the pto side x the distance x weight...

Premium Features