• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ALL 2008-2009 Summits (stock or MOD)

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
IF you have a stock ECM have your dealer down load this update...

SB 2009-10
File Name- 800R knock sensor sensitivity/limp mode #415-129-450

This makes for more consistant HP = more consistant clutching and peak performance...also it RESETS knock sensor limp mode when you shut machine off...NO more going "back to the dealer" to reset...BJ

*this post cleared/OK'd in writing by OT:p

please respond to keep it TTT

Last edited:
K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007
John,
I did read " Stock ECM " in your post. However I will go ahead and ask anyway.:p Does the RKT re-curve have this feature? If not can it be added without messing it up? Or worse yet lol, is this what I paid to have done!! :eek:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
John,
I did read " Stock ECM " in your post. However I will go ahead and ask anyway.:p Does the RKT re-curve have this feature? If not can it be added without messing it up? Or worse yet lol, is this what I paid to have done!! :eek:

HONESTLY...I dont know what it would doo...I know RKT recurve addresses some/most of this but I would just leave well enough alone...BJ

8alltheway

Dec 5, 2007
Eastern SD
Hey BJ, what do you mean it makes "more consistant HP"? I called my dealer about this and they say i wouldn't gain anything with this update if I didn't have any of the symtoms of the knock sensor malfunctioning.

But then again i've had "issues" with my dealer...as you know

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
If you have had issues with your dealer than why all the excuses when I needed a friend to help me out and "loan" me his sled? "Oh I can't do that I have a warranty on my new sled!!" Now look what you "made" me do ;)!! Oh yeah I have yer cure for consistant HP!! You could have had it the easy way but now it will cost you :D:D!! You ever going to come out:beer;:beer;? We could sit around and swap lies.

Dave

Hey BJ, what do you mean it makes "more consistant HP"? I called my dealer about this and they say i wouldn't gain anything with this update if I didn't have any of the symtoms of the knock sensor malfunctioning.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota

Just ask the dealer to install...STOP asking him what he thinks, never a good idea*...IMHO-BJ

*some dealers are good, most arent....

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
So much truth in that statement Kieth. You are the customer. You keep them in a job. It is too bad that this is the general rule accross the country. These dealers need to open thier eyes. It used to be that you could only buy OEM parts from your dealer. Now with the internet you can get them anywhere. Hell, I could buy/build a new sled and never have to leave the house and talk to a dealer.

Dave

Just ask the dealer to install...STOP asking him what he thinks, never a good idea*...IMHO-BJ

*some dealers are good, most arent....

8alltheway

Dec 5, 2007
Eastern SD
ok ok, I did have a lapse in judgement there in questioning ya BJ:eek:, I was gonna get the update anyway after listening to the tech babble on about stuff I already know about. I was more curious than anything so I could explain to my buds as to why they should also get this done, and sound intelligent in the process:cool:.

And yes, it is too bad that I can know about stuff like this from 10min on the net, and the dealer doesn't. btw Dave, I kept my stock head after installing BJ's cheater hi comp head, just in case i get any bright ideas...and YES i still do feel "slightly" guilty about the borrowing the sled deal:eek:

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Would there be any guilt price in selling me your stock head? Me have an idear :D:D!!

ok ok, I did have a lapse in judgement there in questioning ya BJ:eek:, I was gonna get the update anyway after listening to the tech babble on about stuff I already know about. I was more curious than anything so I could explain to my buds as to why they should also get this done, and sound intelligent in the process:cool:.

And yes, it is too bad that I can know about stuff like this from 10min on the net, and the dealer doesn't. btw Dave, I kept my stock head after installing BJ's cheater hi comp head, just in case i get any bright ideas...and YES i still do feel "slightly" guilty about the borrowing the sled deal:eek:

M
Nov 27, 2007
Hey John, will this take care of my check engine light comming on. Squeeked a piston at 1400 mi and now have new top end but on real long pulls it will give me the checkengine across the display and my cluster goes nuts for a bit. It did this before the engine failure and if i blow it again its on my dime...

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Hey John, will this take care of my check engine light comming on. Squeeked a piston at 1400 mi and now have new top end but on real long pulls it will give me the checkengine across the display and my cluster goes nuts for a bit. It did this before the engine failure and if i blow it again its on my dime...

hmmmmm, your shouldnt do that especially if its stock...always run 90-92 octane... if motor is modified than whats causing this??...

update for all 800R's....

depends on the dealer...its either free (dealer you bought sled from) or a service fee of roughly 25-40 bucks...BJ

Premium Features