• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 m8 clutching help

M
Nov 26, 2007
Terrace BC Canada
Hey guys, looking for a little clutching help. I have a 2011 m8 snopro 162 with a straight line performance single pipe. I had it out this weekend for the first time. In about one foot of fresh it'd pull 72-7400 rpm at 5000 ft what rpm should I be pulling? Today I opened it up on the trail and it hit 7500 and then grenaded a belt, blew the belt guard off and took out my exhaust valve cables. Not sure what I have for weights in there but it felt to me like its not back shifting properly. Has yellow white primary spring and orange secondary with 36' helix. Anybody have a good clutch setup I should be running?
Thanks

F
You should be pulling 8,000/8,100 rpm on wot. A few things to check. Check belt deflection after you put new one one. It should be sticking up 1/16" on secondary. Weights may be to heavy. I believe stock set up the m8 has 65 gram weights. They are suppose to be for 6-9000 ft. I would check the spider in primary for cracks. Clean the clutches and inspect/replace the rollers. It could have been power valves as well. I had a cable break and had trouble getting peak rpms

I've been running stock helix and springs (sometimes a gold spring in primary) and cutler adjustable weights for many years and have had great luck. I run it in Minnesota and up to 11,000. I put a shift assist bearing into secondary as recommendation from friend. I didn't notice any difference with it though. I've been running the 0627-046 belt.

Did you need a fuel controller for the pipe set up?

Last edited:
Premium Features