• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SAWS booth at Puyallup Show

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
Saturday
10am - noon: snojunkee & PowderHead
noon - 2pm: Oregongirl & Tedd
2pm - 4pm: Tumblina & RTG
4pm - 6pm: Ruffy

Sunday
10am - noon:
noon - 2pm: Tumbles
2pm - 4pm: Soccerd6 & PowderHead

hmmm - I'm thinking the girls are gonna win again this year........

c'mon boys - who's gonna step up and fill the void left by Y-dog and H2OSKE.... ??? :eek:

Last edited:
T
Feb 25, 2008
Ronald, WA
[I agree - although I would have spelled it correctly.... ;) ]

but a girl's gotta try, ya know!

H20SKE-You have been replaced....:eek:... by a girl!!!!!:beer;:beer;:D

One of the Ladies Ride Gals volunteered to help me......:cool:

Perhaps you will introduce yourself next year??? Or come to the Fundraiser I do for SAWS????:p

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
One, is the loneliest number that there ever was........
Boy, you said it right there... lol

what? nobody likes me? :(

hmmm... might have to resort to bribing.... though I don't have much to offer...

How about I promise that whoever works with me will get to listen to me tell them how wrong their belief structure is? Enticing? No? ha ha :p

Last edited:
T
Feb 25, 2008
Ronald, WA
Boy, you said it right there... lol

what? nobody likes me? :(

hmmm... might have to resort to bribing.... though I don't have much to offer...

How about I promise that whoever works with me will get to listen to me tell them how wrong their belief structure is? Enticing? No? ha ha :p

Ruffy.....Are you talking to yourself????? :rolleyes::D

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
[I agree - although I would have spelled it correctly.... ;) ]

Okay---Spelling COP!!!;) You know I am in training-right?? Brain fry.

H20SKE-You have been replaced....:eek:... by a girl!!!!!:beer;:beer;:D

One of the Ladies Ride Gals volunteered to help me......:cool:

Perhaps you will introduce yourself next year??? Or come to the Fundraiser I do for SAWS????:p

If I can--I will be there!! And thanks for finding someone to cover for me--even if you are overloading it for the girls to win:rose::rolleyes:

H20SKE...

Ruffy--1 is the lonliest number--is that not why you got hitched:eek:;)

Saturday

Sunday
10am - noon:

hmmm - I'm thinking the girls are gonna win again this year........

c'mon boys - who's gonna step up and fill the void left by Y-dog and H2OSKE.... ??? :eek:

I was sure hoping to see some additional volunteers step up and help staff the SAWS booth in one of the available time slots for a mere two hours, but I guess not.:(

I was thinking that I would rather double up with Tumblina from noon to 2pm on Sunday, but if no one is willing to cover the 10am to noon, then I guess I will cover that shift.

It would also be quite funny for Ruffy and I to throw the liberal versus conservative opinions out there at folks from 4 to 6pm on Saturday. :p

T
Feb 25, 2008
Ronald, WA
Sorry Ruff....I snagged Dave right up...he said I would make him look good..;)

So I'm gonna get on my Soapbox now.......:eek:

I'm hoping for lots of new members this year. SAWS is free and a great tool for the Snowmobiling Community. It keeps us informed about Land Issues in the West, but especially our favorite riding areas in Washington. It's an email only deal & your inbox is NOT overwhelmed with junk from SAWS.

The Extreme Enviros are well funded....scary well funded. Please come by the booth & say hi to me. I WILL ask you for $$$$...members & non-members. I know times are tough for some right now...I'm taking 10 unpaid days myself next year..but I'm still gonna give. As Karen mentioned above, we will be selling raffle tickets for a Brad Story sled...I think the tickets are $20????

Land use is the biggest threat our sport faces. The Forest Circus RWA (Recommended Wilderness Areas) & the Clinton Roadless rule is downright scary. You might check out Wade's post in the Land Use section regarding this subject....it's quite eye opening to see all the riding area that would disappear.

So stop by & see me...introduce yourself .......and ......Bring money...................:face-icon-small-hap

Thanks for reading....if you are still reading...:p
Off my soapbox ................for now.....
Holly

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
I'll stop by and introduce myself, Holly, and buy a raffle ticket...

I just joined SAWS so don't think I'd be much use volunteering this year, but next year I'd like to volunteer at the booth if I'm needed.

don't let being a newbee keep you from volunteering - we'll team you with someone who's been at it a while!!!

Brandy donated some Ladies Ride 2010 calendars to SAWS - we'll have some in the booth for sale.... Miss June will be in the booth from noon-2 Saturday, one of the Miss Septembers from 2-4 Saturday and noon-2 Sunday, and Miss July on Sunday from 4-6.... come visit us, and if you're really good :heart: - or really bad :devil: - you might get an autograph! ;)

Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
I'll stop by and introduce myself, Holly, and buy a raffle ticket...

I just joined SAWS so don't think I'd be much use volunteering this year, but next year I'd like to volunteer at the booth if I'm needed.

Jump in there...Ruffy has done it for a couple of years. All you do is stand in the isle and drag them over to Ruffy and he'll get them signed up. It's worked well for us in the past...and by my account, we won last year, no matter what the chicka's say....:eek:;)

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
UPDATE

Ladies Ride 2010 Calendars will be available $20

Tix will be sold for the Brad Story Sled Raffle $20 - sled will be on site as well

Wilderness Bumper Stix will be available $3 for 1, $5 for 2, $2 add'l after that

SAWS stickers will be available (free)

Hourly raffle (dvd's and t-shirts) - raffle tix free to anyone who makes a donation to SAWS or becomes a new member (all the above donation opportunities qualify for a ticket)

A huge thx to all who have volunteered to give up a block of their day towards helping to KEEP OUR RIDING AREAS OPEN!!!

Saturday

Sunday
10am - 11am: Soccerd6
11am - 1pm: Cle Elum Sledhead

(Dave - I staggered you so you could spend an hour with one of the Miss Septembers - lemme know if that doesn't work for ya!)

I am heading out of town for the rest of the week in a couple of hours, not to return until Saturday mid-afternoon :( . Be NICE to PowderHead as he covers for me this weekend! :)

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
simple addition = fuzzy math? :eek: lol

Didn't we win the most sign ups and the most donations?

:beer;

we didn't keep track of donations by volunteer hour.... you and Y-dog had the most lines on the sign-up sheet filled out, but the girls had the most complete sign-ups.... small distinction ;)

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Competition???

So, if all goes according to plan, we'll have live website sign-ups, so I will be able to tally the sign-up by the time stamps!!! There will be no fuzzy math this year. :p

I'll plan to be at the booth on Sunday morning and assist with coverage. Gotta have the laptops there anyway! LOL!!!

Premium Features