• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Dawg Shoot Out is on!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
I

IRONMAN

Nov 26, 2007
wish i would of seen that before i said i didnt jump but wheres the flager in this vid i cant see him

I told ya the guys running the event dont lie or cheat, and by the way the guy on the rev rite beside you is cory micku and let me tell you he is never late on the drop of a flag. haha

Got time to let a win do the talking.........???

R
Nov 26, 2007
Hope this works

GOT FALSE START

I didn't even see that FALSE start until the vid...We saw another one later on and and that is why they re-raced the same group.

Summitseeker and I said to LOC up top when he came over to us wondering why he was eliminated that we didn't see the 2nd false start and so we didn't think he had...now I know what the peeps down below were talking about when we questioned them about it...that is why their are two peeps watching from the start so take your IT WAS FIXED BULLCH!T elsewhere.

OVER!!!

ps...TY for the vid CC...:beer;

That vid was the exact race that I called him on jumping the start. Orange cat jumped the race before and I let him off with it and said to the guys standing around me watch the cat this next race and I bet you he jumps the start again. You did and I had to call you on it, I would not call un fair play here, you had a fast sled and everyone saw it on the hill. Let it go and get it next time, I am sure you will have a win or two in the future with that sled because it was dam fast all day long. Thanks for coming out and maybe next year you will be the CHAMP.

V

Veedy

Jan 27, 2004
Revelstoke, BC
www.farwestfilms.com
Wow, talk about beating a horse.

Your sled ripped, dude. Take those compliments and run with it. Dwelling on the fact that you jumped or not is not worth it. You had hundreds of spectators, and a bunch of judges that said you did. I can also review all my video as well to see what happened as well as Tom and Matt. Don't be sore about it, just take the lesson and learn from it and come back next year and try. You don't see all the other competitors on here moaning.

The main thing is that this event is about FUN. So if your not prepared to have fun, don't compete. There is no million dollar purse involved here.

D
Nov 30, 2007
BC
Sure glad you won Mike.
However, sure glad I didn't come down to the races because of all the whining and snivelling about "jumping the gun & ruts", etc. And what sled is faster than another. I just hope it can be around next year and that the organizers don't take all the whining and complaining to heart. You know as well as I do that any races of any kind, hill or drag, nobody is happy all the time. Someone is not happy unless they are complaining about something.
Just want to say cudos to the organizers, do not let the complainers get you down, keep up the good work.

P.S. The guy that keeps indicating that the races are fixed, come to a couple of flat drags with lights next year in our part of the world, and then you will see what fast is. Can't complain then.

Last edited:

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Whining on SW will take you from hero to zero in 2 seconds. Where I'm going with that is your sled was talked about more than any during the races. Huge accolades there. Jason Busat's antique was next. Accusing folks of miss judging without the facts makes you look like disrespectful child. Not saying you are but that's whats coming over the airwaves.

Next year, add some juice and hit the starts. Would be tough to beat you without a breakdown.

whitefish

L

little_orange_cat

Apr 7, 2008
lynden
www.myspace.com
ill see you next year i would have put money on me not jumping but dont get me wong these guys did an awsome job putting this thing on i never said they didnt and they where always nice even helped me find weights for my sled but even after all this im still glad my first year i be over 90%of the yamahas.
and me disagreeing with the flager dose not make me a disrespectfull person
next years going to be interesting =)

S
Nov 28, 2007
First off to anyone saying anything crappy to LOC is undeserved. I have'nt read anything on hear yet to make me think that he has been anything but a gracious loser (if you can even say that anyone with a sled that did as well as LOC's sled is a loser).

I would also like to apologize to LOC if my opinions on S/W made anyone on here think he was whining (which I don't think he has).

As far as my veiws of the days racing. They were only that at the longer track length LOC's sled was a very consistent winner and it was very apparent that he was notthe fastest sled off the line but could pull ahead on the longer race.

Secondly he was winning using the same ruts as everyone else ( I forgot to mention that in my original post) at the longer distance. Therefore the whole rut issue really shouldn't have been an issue.

Finally I never doubted the opinions of any judge or flag person or any other unofficial for that matter. My only point being shortening the length of the course made it so the sled that actually was the fastest (ie. being able to overtake the other sleds and pass them at the original length) would now run out of track.

I'm not sure why you all are so hell bent on defending yourselves. It's not even a real race.

Anyway whocares its just a no name unsanctioned race ( if you can even call it that) anyways.

ROGER!!!

Last edited:
C
Mar 18, 2008
Bellingham Wa.
Fastest sled on the mountain!

Its all about having fun right. The facts though are this. Sometimes the fastest sled doesn't win. Everyone there knows which sled was the fastest on the mountain. Which other sled there could get off the line slower and still pass everyone? You can say this guy jumped or that guy jumped but when it boils down to which sled was the fastest. EVERYONE KNOWS IF THEY WANT TO ADMIT IT OR NOT! Congrats to Mike he was ridding a damn fast sled! I have a feeling you might want to bring something faster next year. Thanks to everyone who puts this on.

Last edited:
D
Apr 8, 2008
I wouldn't worry about answering to this guy. He is obviously just a young fella that has NO CLUE! He has never raced with 3 foot ruts at the start line which lets some of the field get a good start and the rest can't come out straight. It's very common. It's been done at sanctioned events lots of times! I've also heard from alot of people that said that sled was fast but definatly NOT the fastest there. If Stonebrain wants to keep using the start line as an excuse why his buddy lost then let him. It really doesn't matter what he thinks.

Last edited:
C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
WOW, I don't remember any of this kind of wooha after the past 2 years events. I remember alot of OHYAs and congrats. Outlaw event..... shouldn't that mean shoot whiners? hehe (I know easy for me to say, I didn't spend boookooo bucks on my sled to race....) But, I guess this is to be expected as the event grows... growing PAINSINTHEASSES??? lol

RIP, Hardkore, Linc (and many others) you guys did a fantastic job. :) Two thumbs up guys.

Swenson as the man at the mic just can't be beat.

Tunes to rock out to while the sound of 1600hp takes off..... I'm still giddy from that feeling. :)

Having 2 heli's circling around all day, mezmerizing!

Going from snowpit to snowpit sharing stories, food and warmth was AWESOME! I'm almost glad it was that cold, put a whole different social spin to the event.

Really missed the chute climbing.... :( BUT TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!

S
Dec 5, 2007
Lynden, Wa.
WRONG!!!

The FASTEST sled on the MOUNTAIN Saturday April 19th 2008 was Ironman Irmen bla bla bla

Hey, you don't need to correct me Fabster. I know who the WINNER was and who placed. You don't need to be a smart mouth. I never said anything regarding who finished in first place. I said the fastest sled. Even you should know that the fastest car, truck, motorcycle, airplane, ****** with running shoes or snowmobile isn't always the winner. So basically shut up ad don't correct me.

SHMO

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Wow based on this thread probably the best improvement they could make for next year is don't let Fabster speak on their behalf.
Got a tad bit of hero worship goin on there Fab ?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I think the event was a blast as always...I really don't think everyone needs to get so serious about a outlaw event. This event is mostly for the spectators as far as I am concerned. He!! I wasn't even going to enter the races, but there was no hills to climb so I thought why not. I will be the first to say that my sled was not even close to being the fastest one there, but as it turned out, I was the second best racer there that day. Hard to win that event at 17 lbs boost and no Nitrous. lol

NM

I

IRONMAN

Nov 26, 2007
I think the event was a blast as always...I really don't think everyone needs to get so serious about a outlaw event. This event is mostly for the spectators as far as I am concerned. He!! I wasn't even going to enter the races, but there was no hills to climb so I thought why not. I will be the first to say that my sled was not even close to being the fastest one there, but as it turned out, I was the second best racer there that day. Hard to win that event at 17 lbs boost and no Nitrous. lol

NM

Well said! I guess it comes down to more then just a sled? Who knew? haha Have sled need rider.....!!! LMAO

K
Mar 5, 2008
www.kertbroza.com
Doesn't look all that slow off the line to me! And after watching the video it seems as a few of the other sleds were catching up after the big head start. just observing here, not stirring the pot! (as if it needs it!!)

bd086.jpg

Last edited:
S
Dec 5, 2007
Lynden, Wa.
That was my comeback statement. Social skills are out the window on return jabs...haha. You need to read the posts in proper context. Fabster jumped my Chit first...hahha

SHMO

C
Mar 18, 2008
Bellingham Wa.
Boyz n Toyz. What are we going to do when the winter is over? Guess it will be who has the fastest boat. Damn I loose again.LOL
Jan 1st we will be having a race around the ridge from Bear paw to excelsior down to little bear paw and back up to the top. Bring your fast sleds and skills boys and girls. We have hills we have tree's we have creeks we have chute's. It will be alittle of everything. I am sure Micheal will be trying to race anyone he can with his little orange cat that day.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Rental....shag
Boyz n Toyz. What are we going to do when the winter is over? Guess it will be who has the fastest boat. Damn I loose again.LOL
Jan 1st we will be having a race around the ridge from Bear paw to excelsior down to little bear paw and back up to the top. Bring your fast sleds and skills boys and girls. We have hills we have tree's we have creeks we have chute's. It will be alittle of everything. I am sure Micheal will be trying to race anyone he can with his little orange cat that day.

I am all in for this if there is good coverage on Jan 1!! I wish that we had some bad *** cross country races in Washington or southern BC that would include a marked course that was 2-3 hours long and included all the skill sets!!! I would be all over that!!

Premium Features