• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

zr 900 efi code flashes six times

S
Apr 1, 2009
My 06 zr 900efi goes into limp mode and flashes me a code of six flashes.This is telling me servo motor failure.Sure enough powervalves arn't operating.Checked cables ,adjustment etc.Servo motor is fine.Anyone else have this problem,I don't want to hear it's the ecu.

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
I don't want to hear it's the ecu.
If you have checked the motor, cables and cleaned the valves you may very well have a bad ECU. The only good way to find out is to try a known good one. Check all of your wiring real good, look at EVERY inch of it, pull the oil tank, seat, everything you need to pull to see ALL of the wiring and make sure you arent shorting out. Not doing this could fry the known good ECU. If you find that the ECU is toast you should look into the STM valve kit. Good luck!

S
Apr 1, 2009
Thanks John, I haven't had a lot of time to check all the wiring properly.I'm only getting 5 volts DC current at the regulator and 10 AC.Books says there should be 10DC-volts min for the valves to open

S
Apr 1, 2009
Checked the lighting coil in stator ,unplugged the 3 pin conn and jumped the two yellow wires and got 25 volts AC at approx 4000rpm?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
You said in an earlier post you were only getting 10 volts AC at the regulator. If you have 25 volts coming out of the stator and only 10 getting to the regulator, you have to have a bad wire.

S
Apr 1, 2009
Yes I have 25 volts at 4000 if I jump the two yellow wires,if I jump one yellow to the brown I got 12 volts but only 10 at the regulator(at 4000),at idle I got 11-12 volts at the regulator.Why do my volts go down at the regulator when I start to rev the engine up.There could very well be a bare wire somewhere......but where ...?THis ac -dc current is confusing to say the least.I gotta try and see if a new regulator will change anything...Thanks for now.

Premium Features