• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Zborz or ALTernative

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Zbroz are much stronger.

Had both.

X2 My zbros have definitely proven to be stronger than my alternative impacts were last year.

With that said I still broke a zbros one and it was back ordered a month and half to get a replacement.

Last year both times I broke an AI, Dan had one shipped out on a Monday and I was ready by the next weekend.

If you are planning on really bashing things probably go with the zbros but reinforce your tunnel as I also crinkled my tunnel because of the stronger arm. For their arms to work properly you really need to run their shorter shocks.

If you are looking for a clean stock replacement the AI are a easier setup.

Dan has great service but for as hard as I ride I need the stronger arms which is why I went with zbros and now have a full backup set on hand in case they go back ordered again.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
To me this is an example of the ideal failure mode for a lower a-arm; buckle the rear arm. Can still ride out after that.

Too bad that one failed and went back so far my shock shaft snapped off..........
Bent around the upper arm.

It was a bad hit.
I've never had to replace a shock shaft with zbroz.......

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Just an update with reference with Alternative Impact and their customer service.

I ended up tweaking a lower a-arm a couple days ago. Called Dan up this morning, had a nice little chat over the phone and a new arm is on the way.

Great product and awesome customer service!!!

Thanks again Dan !!

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Thinking about AI 36 inch for my 2012 pro rmk, do i need different shocks?

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
According to their web page the stock shocks will work.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Happy Face stocks the K-Mod A-Arms

The K-Mod A-Arms are a nice arm and come complete ready to bolt on. No Dickin' around with removing your old bushings and bearings. Give Sam a call and tell him LoudHandle sent you.

Premium Features