• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Zborz or ALTernative

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Zbroz are much stronger.

Had both.

You know it's funny.. Depends who you talk to on the strength department. I've had guys call me and order replacement rod ends and rave about how the stump,tree,rock etc they hit would have taken out any other arm. Then there are the other 5%. IMO it doesn't matter who's arms wether they are mine stock or another aftermarket you have to come to the realization your driving at best a 400# piece of metal and plastic over and sometimes through things that may or may not be moveable objects. You can also hit something a dozen different ways. With all due respect I think you just had a bad encounter. That's the great thing about forums you can't hide the facts in most cases. I'm looking forward to how this thread washes out. Not to mention a little more snow would help, I think we could all use it.
Dan

Last edited:

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
The quality, fit, and function of the KMOD 37" kit is excellent as well

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I use the X1's from Zbroz on all four shocks. Probably overkill for me, but man is it smooth as butta! I've tried Fox Evol R's and they are great, but there is definitely more adjustability and smoother ride with the Exit's. I've never used Alternative but I feel the guys at Zbroz are great to talk to and get help. They have stepped up and helped with rebuilds and misc. parts that they could have charged for. Very knowledgable group of people. The only bad thing I can say about X1's are that they are pricy and slightly heavier than stock and Fox shocks (by about 1.5 lbs each). Totally worth it though.

I
Nov 26, 2007
I use the X1's from Zbroz on all four shocks. Probably overkill for me, but man is it smooth as butta! I've tried Fox Evol R's and they are great, but there is definitely more adjustability and smoother ride with the Exit's. I've never used Alternative but I feel the guys at Zbroz are great to talk to and get help. They have stepped up and helped with rebuilds and misc. parts that they could have charged for. Very knowledgable group of people. The only bad thing I can say about X1's are that they are pricy and slightly heavier than stock and Fox shocks (by about 1.5 lbs each). Totally worth it though.

One of us is confused. I thought this thread was about a arms.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
ALT makes a great 36" kit that allows the use of the sway bar. I have had both, neither have failed on me.

Same story here!

If your looking for a narrow front end, I would remomend the the ALT due to the sway bar hook ups. To run the front end without the sway bar, you should also revavle the shocks the to compensate for the sway bar removal.

The ALT is quality stuff and Dan is great!!! You can't go wrong!

dktraw

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2009
Halfway OR
I also have both zbroz and alt, both kits are awesome and you cant go wrong with either. If you are going aftermarket shocks the zbroz without swaybar is fantastic. I love the feel of the sled while boondocking. For direct replacement with stock shocks the alternative impact is perfect. I definitely personally wouldnt run the zbroz and stock shocks, way to wishy washy for me. Like many have said, both kits are great

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
x2 on the alts got 400 miles and love the feel, hit some sh!t that would of wreaked a stock arms im sure there all good or atleast better than stoke, but my vote is on dans customer service, can never go wrong with someone that backs there stuff

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
I have both setups as well. I prefer the Zbroz without the sway bar. I'm going to get raptors and pull the sway bar on the AI. It's night and day difference for the effort it takes for sidehilling. JMO

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
You know it's funny.. Depends who you talk to on the strength department. I've had guys call me and order replacement rod ends and rave about how the stump,tree,rock etc they hit would have taken out any other arm. Then there are the other 5%. IMO it doesn't matter who's arms wether they are mine stock or another aftermarket you have to come to the realization your driving at best a 400# piece of metal and plastic over and sometimes through things that may or may not be moveable objects. You can also hit something a dozen different ways. With all due respect I think you just had a bad encounter. That's the great thing about forums you can't hide the facts in most cases. I'm looking forward to how this thread washes out. Not to mention a little more snow would help, I think we could all use it.

Dan

Yeah thats all well and good.

But.

I have nothing against you're products, however i think the lightweight arms you sell are targeted more for light than strength.

I was merely stating a fact, the zbroz arms are substantially heavier, and stronger.

I really like the breakaway balljoint idea. I think the tube sizing and balljoint sizing is probably correct for a skidoo.

With how bulletproof the pro bulkhead is, and the fact that zbroz arms can be ripped off the bulkhead without any damage to the bulkhead.

I would love to buy arms built already that are bulletproof, maybe double the wall thickness and step up the balljoint size?

Yeah i admit i ride hard and plow chit over, I guess I don't know how many people actually ride these sleds hard and fast in tight technical terrain. Tree and rock hits happen, period.

I carry enough spare parts to limp anything out and ride accordingly, cost of parts is meaningless compared to that awesome feeling of pulling off a sweet line where mistakes can mean going off the cliff or plunging into an alder patch.

I hit three times today ( if i was still running the alt arms)where in the same hit I would have at a minimum been swapping a lower balljoint. However the alt a arm i bent was on a similar hit and the balljoint remained intact.

The arms i am running now are still perfect.

Again different strokes for different folks, for lightweight arms and mild rider the alt are great.

For strength and lift (1" higher with same width same shocks) the zbroz are the ticket.

4e8aa071a38444b59589d85bbb06f48c.jpg

Modified zbroz arms.

3/4" cromoly hiems.

fb0eb3968fa927fd8af3d7c530964ec1.jpg

ca3bd2f682cb5f4200760493f6a6650c.jpg

80cbb52635b9421df5214bcfc28e6ee4.jpg

Goods today.

#uhuff

28d9a9e2350cb75781ec4ad2533ceeaf.jpg

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
17e3021eedfef5bd1484e2fba020e6d6.jpg

So anyhow both a arms are great.

Some greater than others. ;) lol

c6ee4994ee316f18aae7e00f23195ea6.jpg

Sorry still stoked over how fun today was.

2fce0a3946ee26119b73dc2c3bdc0b80.jpg

Very lightweight.
Very thin.

a849d08d7eb49f70f68daf0b77b1d6a7.jpg

The other fail point. The little logo cutout leaves very little material at the shock attachment point.

d590294ed05586289970d336821e091f.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features