• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP tall race seat

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah USA
had one all last year - in a word, loved it

taller than stock, narrower than stock, better/firmer foam. really like the ease of transition from side to side, sit to stand. couple pounds lighter than stock. half the cost of boss. i have a tunnel bag so the storage isnt a big deal for me. plus, it attaches to the OEM mounts - no destroying your mounts like boss requires (stupid!!)

just had a chance to check out a new seat by a new company last week. it is actually another 1 1/2" taller, but about a 1" wider than the BRP race seat. felt to be even stiffer foam?? tuff to get a really good feel for it sittin in my garage :D but i will definately be throwing one of these on for a day come this winter, and give it a full day try-out on the hill. it also attaches by means of OEM hooks. has a water-proof membrane over the foam to eliminate water soak weight. sweet cover and finish.
company is wasatch recreational products.
website is here: www.wr-products.com

thread on snowest here: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1557753

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Thankyou....I didn't want to go too tall, I need to be able to go side-to-side and I'm not getting any younger! The race seat should be just about right, and I went with the softer foam version for the ride back to the truck at the end of the day.....otherwise I'm not on the seat much.

S
Sep 15, 2008
So who makes a seat with big storage in/under it? I need to somehow find some storage for my nitrous bottle but i dont want to run 2.5 lb bottles. Would like 4 lb carbon fiber, but no room with e-start, and i ain't takin it out. Any ideas?

M
Rumor has it that Boss redesigned their seat for the XP.
Suppose to mount the same as the stock seat and their
new price is $399 which is only a little more then Ski Doo's
racing seat. I'm going to wait and see what Boss's seat looks
like before deciding between them and Ski Doo's race seat.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Rumor has it that Boss redesigned their seat for the XP.
Suppose to mount the same as the stock seat and their
new price is $399 which is only a little more then Ski Doo's
racing seat. I'm going to wait and see what Boss's seat looks
like before deciding between them and Ski Doo's race seat.

They were just waiting until I ordered my Doo seat.....I like Boss, just don't like their 1972 mounting snaps and their quality has been lacking a little lately from what I've seen.

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
had one all last year - in a word, loved it

taller than stock, narrower than stock, better/firmer foam. really like the ease of transition from side to side, sit to stand. couple pounds lighter than stock. half the cost of boss. i have a tunnel bag so the storage isnt a big deal for me. plus, it attaches to the OEM mounts - no destroying your mounts like boss requires (stupid!!)

just had a chance to check out a new seat by a new company last week. it is actually another 1 1/2" taller, but about a 1" wider than the BRP race seat. felt to be even stiffer foam?? tuff to get a really good feel for it sittin in my garage :D but i will definately be throwing one of these on for a day come this winter, and give it a full day try-out on the hill. it also attaches by means of OEM hooks. has a water-proof membrane over the foam to eliminate water soak weight. sweet cover and finish.
company is wasatch recreational products.
website is here: www.wr-products.com

thread on snowest here: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1557753

X2 about WR Products, they are building me a custom seat as we speak. Great product. Also they make 2 different heights, a 1" and a 2" plus or minus on both.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
So who makes a seat with big storage in/under it? I need to somehow find some storage for my nitrous bottle but i dont want to run 2.5 lb bottles. Would like 4 lb carbon fiber, but no room with e-start, and i ain't takin it out. Any ideas?

I think he mean he needs room for 3 submarines box of doughnuts,beef jerky and a case of pop.

Premium Features