• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 M8000 unirail conversion

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
dropped chain case if your 17 isnt a mountain cat, alpha drivers, alpha rail and alpha track. i also believe you need to have one of the shocks reorientated but i could be wrong there

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
My Daughter has a 17 single rail.
Kinda fun running the Suzuki up against our Alphas.
She gets around, was thousands less, great bang for the buck.

High Life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW Montana
I have a 2017 Mtn Cat that I did the Alpha rail conversion on and love it. The hardest part of doing the conversion was figuring out the shocks. At the time I did it, the Alpha rail kit was $2000, but the OEM Fox Float shocks for the Alpha rail were crazy expensive and hard to find. The front shock on the Alpha rail needs to be clocked at the right angle for it to not to rub. I ended up buying aftermarket Fox coilovers that fit for less than the price of the OEM Floats. I also did a lightweight brake rotor, custom lightweight hood, lightweight jack shaft and TKI belt drive. The sled is very responsive and much easier to carve and side-hill now after doing the conversion. Ton of traction, smooth low engagement clutching with the factory Team clutches.

It's fun having an older sled that runs right with (or better in some situations) the late model Polaris and Ski-doo factory turbos, plus I don't have to worry about the snow ingestion issues with the older Suzuki engine and chassis...

Premium Features