• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

X GAMES 2014 FROM ASPEN COLORADO

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Snocross just finished it's 15 lap Main Event and Tucker pulls off the 7-PEAT!
Pulled a MASSIVE holeshot and led wire to wire.
Kody Kamm and Justin Broberg were close behind but little mistakes eventually put them out of reach.
Great job by the teammates tho to bring home Silver and Bronze for Hentges Racing!

Adaptive Snocross Final
"Monster" Mike Schultz swept up Gold once again with a great push to the front!
Garrett Goodwin rode amazingly well and held on to 2nd after leading the race.
And the Bronze goes to DOUG HENRY! This guy is amazing, year after year. Total Heart!

Freestyle Finals saw Colten Moore #rideforcaleb and take home Gold for his brother who lost his life at last winters X-Games. Huge comeback for Colten as last year he broke his pelvis at the same event.

HMK's own, Joe Parsons pulled a tight run and nailed down the Silver, and Hybrid Films own Heath Frisby nailed down Bronze.

Snowmobile Long Jump, returns after a hiatus and sees everybodies darling, Levi Lavallee stretch out the furthest and snap up Gold in an event made for the Long Jump World Record Holder.
Corey Davis and Colten Moore round out the podium.
Levi took top honors with a jump of 147'5"!!!

Notables include Chris Burandt who was knocked out of Long Jump Competition in the 3rd round with a jump of 122'7"
Paul Thacker, PT11, pulled a great start, battled for awhile, then dropped out. Unfortunate since I know he's done a TON of work with Leighton Motorsports getting ready for Winter X.

Check out all of the videos of metal winning runs here: X-Games 2014

Last edited:
S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Does ESPN know that Burandt cannot say "Arctic Cat"? Nice ending good for the two polaris riders that came in 2nd and 3rd No mention of what brand Tucker rides? Ever see a motor cross event and they do not mention what make the winner ride? Seems a color guy should be open minded, maybe its just me.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
KH

I always gotta cheer for Kourtney Hungerford, he is the oldest rider in the event. I remember seeing him in the "Big Air Show" at west yellowstone expo back in like 99-2000ish. Takes alot to make it that many years.

Thundy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bird Island, MN
I thought the snocross race was boring and changed the channel after 3 laps.... basically no passing and tucker is too fast for the rest of the field

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Does ESPN know that Burandt cannot say "Arctic Cat"? Nice ending good for the two polaris riders that came in 2nd and 3rd No mention of what brand Tucker rides? Ever see a motor cross event and they do not mention what make the winner ride? Seems a color guy should be open minded, maybe its just me.

The lack of sponsor names is what killed me. The only sponsor I heard was "Monster Energy" and even that wasn't directed to either of the two Monster Energy riders, who just so happened to take Gold and Silver.

Sponsorship dollars are not interested in a sport where on Live TV, on the biggest stage this sport will ever see, not one sponsor is mentioned.

And I consider Levi Lavallee a friend of mine, but stop checking on his progress in the back of the field as if he's a favorite to win the event. Especially with a torn lat.
I mean, they gave the guy enough coverage talking about how he'd miss freestyle, hell, they even brought back Long Jump just for him.
He's a GREAT guy, no doubt, but darling of Winter X he shouldn't be.

As for the course, I thought they could have done a much better job making it more TV friendly. Flowing, high speed, and big air. That's what we wanna see at Winter X. This years track left much to be desired.

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Sponsorship and snowmobile racing are horrible due to the fact there is very little money to be made in the sport. The X Game format and it's draw is all about snowboarding / skiing while snowmobile racing is just a filler.

DPG

R
We were up there as well and I thought Calebs celebration of life was awesome. The races were great and the long distance jump was great as well. I do believe pulling best trick will hurt the ratings a bit. The last time they pulled the sno x from the lineup they saw a pretty big dip in ratings and that next year they tossed it back in. I know thats the only reason we went up there. Even caught up with Paul Thacker and had him take a picture with my daughter. Daughter screamed bloody murder and Paul got a good laugh!:face-icon-small-hap

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Sponsorship and snowmobile racing are horrible due to the fact there is very little money to be made in the sport. The X Game format and it's draw is all about snowboarding / skiing while snowmobile racing is just a filler.

DPG

There's no money to be made in the sport because of exposure for sponsorship is non-existent.
Sponsorship isn't where it should be because of marketing. People and teams cannot market themselves well enough when at the biggest stage of exposure, there's not one mention of the leaders brand of sled. Let alone any other sponsors.

I've had to deal with this in the past in my own racing, and the past two years being a Team Manager for a National level sno-x team. Big companies want to know, "Will you be at the X-Games?" and "What kind of exposure will you guarantee us during the year?"

Hard to answer those questions when not even half of the field in the Main Event is named.

L
Aug 30, 2011
Was a pretty good x-games.Tucker was no surprise(or contest for the others)Glad he got the gold medal record.Adaptive sno-cross was good.Had a feeling before the race Doug Henry would need his Nytro from last year(and have a better result,the yamicat just doesn,t cut mustard).

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
There's no money to be made in the sport because of exposure for sponsorship is non-existent.
Sponsorship isn't where it should be because of marketing. People and teams cannot market themselves well enough when at the biggest stage of exposure, there's not one mention of the leaders brand of sled. Let alone any other sponsors.

I've had to deal with this in the past in my own racing, and the past two years being a Team Manager for a National level sno-x team. Big companies want to know, "Will you be at the X-Games?" and "What kind of exposure will you guarantee us during the year?"

Hard to answer those questions when not even half of the field in the Main Event is named.

I agree, perhaps the biggest lack of sponsorship comes directly from from AC, Poo, Doo & Yammi. As I'm sure you already know snowmobiles make up a very small segment of there over all business. If the manufactures mentioned lack interest finding outside sponsorship becomes even more difficult.

DPG

W
Dec 23, 2013
I agree with the earlier post that the Snowcross final was actually kind of dull after the first few laps. Very little passing and except for the one poor guy who fell off his sled mid-bump, not much excitement. Hibbert's hole shot was amazing though. He should be in NHRA.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I saw a long black trailer plastered with "Monster Energy" all over it that said Paul Thacker a couple weeks ago.

Was in Cardwell, MT, just east of Whitehall at a little gas station at the bottom of the pass. Pulled by a blue truck (was either a chevy or dodge).

Was that him, or someone with a hand-me-down trailer?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That was more than likely PT. Usually he travels in his motorhome, but knowing the atmosphere at X-Games, he probably didn't take it.

Sent from my GT-I8260L using Tapatalk

I shoulda pulled in.

Premium Features