• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTH is up at Nobletts??

Highpockets

Premium Member
Aug 1, 2001
pleasant grove,utah
With the exception of a few people who thought the main road was their personal racetrack,I thought it was the smoothest it has been in a long while.Now the parking lot could use some help but I am not going to complain,the riding was awesome ! Maybe the trail up Mill Hollow was bad but it always is in my experience.

R

RMKRAZY

Aug 5, 2001
UTAH
Progress?

They pushed the east side back about 3' while we were riding yesterday - created a six foot high near-vertical embankment:rolleyes: all along that side.

I need a grader with a wing - lets go fix this!

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
The latest

Went up to nobletts today, After last nights dump I feel it necesary to let you all know that Noblets parking area is so jammed with all the new snow that you might be able to get 15-20 full size outfits in there, We need someone with a front end loader, or a udot snow blower to really clear out that lot, so for all of you heading up there in the morning be prepared to park 3 miles down the road. :confused:

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Went up to nobletts today, After last nights dump I feel it necesary to let you all know that Noblets parking area is so jammed with all the new snow that you might be able to get 15-20 full size outfits in there, We need someone with a front end loader, or a udot snow blower to really clear out that lot, so for all of you heading up there in the morning be prepared to park 3 miles down the road. :confused:

i think they did it on purpose so that this saturday they can write tickets to all the trucks down the road... i would be happy to take a loader up there and push snow out for a few hours one evening next week...
Jay dubya, get me a loader, we got work to do!!!

T
Jul 13, 2001
UTAH!!
Just an update....

Rode Wolfcreek today. Snowed all day, wind blew and visibility was rough but this weekend is going to be epic. There will be some serious cornices along the ridge line. I couldn't even see the ridge line today.

The parking lot was being cleared by a UDOT loader so hopefully they'll keep that cleared up from here on out.

Here's my question: There is supposedly all this snow up there but I've seen the cabins up Mill Hollow alot more buried than what I saw today and the stream in the bottom of Mill Hollow resevoir is still pretty open. In years past that stream has been buried completely.

Can anyone explain why that stream is not covered up this year if we have all this snow? Just seemed wierd.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Rode Wolfcreek today. Snowed all day, wind blew and visibility was rough but this weekend is going to be epic. There will be some serious cornices along the ridge line. I couldn't even see the ridge line today.

The parking lot was being cleared by a UDOT loader so hopefully they'll keep that cleared up from here on out.

Here's my question: There is supposedly all this snow up there but I've seen the cabins up Mill Hollow alot more buried than what I saw today and the stream in the bottom of Mill Hollow resevoir is still pretty open. In years past that stream has been buried completely.

Can anyone explain why that stream is not covered up this year if we have all this snow? Just seemed wierd.

yes, in years past mill hollow was a lake that froze over so it would be a smooth flat playpen. They have drained the lake the last years to fix the dam. Now you have a warm creek running through that doesnt ice over. The snow level up there is really good... trust me... looking at the cliffs and seeing how they are filled in, i can tell you that we have a lot more snow up there than years past...

S
Nov 26, 2007
Heber City, Utah
i think they did it on purpose so that this saturday they can write tickets to all the trucks down the road... i would be happy to take a loader up there and push snow out for a few hours one evening next week...
Jay dubya, get me a loader, we got work to do!!!
Do they really write tickets if you park along side the road??????? WTF does everybody do?????

S
Dec 8, 2007
Ogden, Utah
Parking is still free

I'm from up north and I ride Monte alot I have to pay $5 a day or $50 a year! The parking is bigger yes but you still have the same thing over crowded and they check for reg. all the time that is apart of the sport. I travel to Noblits several times a year and I enjoy the free parking so carefull on the maintance issue. They will put up a shack and start charging you every time you park. Once they do this there will be rangers up there every weekend giving out tickets.

Premium Features