• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Worst winter yet?

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
I’ve lived in Montana for 30 years and I can’t remember a start to winter this bad. No snow in north central mt since the end of October and it’s been 40-60 degrees since with no end in sight. Local ski hills have a few inches of snow and no opening date or snow in sight. I know it’s just the start and a lot can change fast. End of bitch session. Out of curiosity, any of you old timers (anywhere) remember a worse winter?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I am actually enjoying this, where I live in Alberta we usually get snow in Oct and it doesn’t leave till April. El Niño winters can go either way with moisture.
I hope we get lots of rain in the spring and summer tho after the crap year we had with fires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
I
I am actually enjoying this, where I live in Alberta we usually get snow in Oct and it doesn’t leave till April. El Niño winters can go either way with moisture.
I hope we get lots of rain in the spring and summer tho after the crap year we had with fires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I don’t like chewing my air when I breath it so hopefully the moisture comes in some way shape or form lol. Y’all can keep your smoke, I don’t even like our own🤣🤣 fires suck but having a new sled in the garage and not being able to ride sucks even more ha ha

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I

Yea I don’t like chewing my air when I breath it so hopefully the moisture comes in some way shape or form lol. Y’all can keep your smoke, I don’t even like our own fires suck but having a new sled in the garage and not being able to ride sucks even more ha ha

lol, yep lots of us are in the same boat. I only put 335miles on my G5 last year so I still have a brand new sled in the garage.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I had a new sled 2 years ago, and it was pretty bad then. I think I got out only about 5 times that year; and 3 were out of desperation. Meaning it had snowed only minimal, hadn't snowed for awhile and no snow in forecast; but went out just to get out.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
I can remember a couple years in the California Sierra Nevada Mtns. where we only received one big storm all year. A couple minuscule ones and that was it. Worst drought years I ever experienced. We had to go to the highest areas to be able to ride and the snow was only about 3 feet deep Sierra cement or ice the whole year. Horrible.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
It might not be as bad as it appears in all regions. In our area we are still showing snow in the "normal" grey area for this time of year although 2-3 weeks behind average. I hope it catches up fast.

View attachment 412986
I have also been watching for 30 years and when we get behind its so so hard to catch back up :( I have a bad feeling here

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
It might not be as bad as it appears in all regions. In our area we are still showing snow in the "normal" grey area for this time of year although 2-3 weeks behind average. I hope it catches up fast.

View attachment 412986

Normal isn’t the grey area. Normal is the green line. That graph shows slightly better than the worst year recorded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P
Dec 15, 2018
Green grass in south west Montana. I’ve only purchased one new snowmobile in my life . Of course it’s now lol. Was thinking maybe if went and bought some expensive warm weather thing it would start snowing? Jet boat?

blkspd

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
BORING OR
This was Hope Valley in the Tahoe area in 2005. The PNW AKA MT ST Helens and MT Adams had zero snow. It just depends on the jet stream. Its a split jet this year so I'm thinking it's not going to be get for us. There's 16" and 33 Deg. in the area we ride in .

424.JPG 435.jpg

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Out in my local, Snoqualmie Pass we've had two pretty horrible seasons I can recall in the past two decades, I think 2005 and 2015. 15 I remember putting my dirt bike on the sled deck several times before I gave up. Think our local ski area topped out at 20" base or something. 2005 I don't think they opened at all if I recall correctly but old brain is foggy. I try not to remember the bad times.

But yeah this is bad. I'm starting to loose my mind. Dirt biking doesn't seem fun at all either. I really like seasons and changing activities.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Yeah you guys are together and send it good. Sucks , I enjoy watching too. Are you guys close enough to bc to make it worth a trip. We’re 12-14 hours so I guess close enough? Buddy I just realized last week my passport was expired lol. I just spent a little change getting my ski boots custom fitted too lol. Stupid El Niño can suck it …

N
Nov 26, 2007
Chinook Pass, Wa
Yeah you guys are together and send it good. Sucks , I enjoy watching too. Are you guys close enough to bc to make it worth a trip. We’re 12-14 hours so I guess close enough? Buddy I just realized last week my passport was expired lol. I just spent a little change getting my ski boots custom fitted too lol. Stupid El Niño can suck it …
Totally agree, El Nino can suck it!!! Just talked to a buddy of mine in Pemberton B.C. that we ride with every year and he says it sux there too...not enough snow to even get up into the alpine...

Premium Features