• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winter x Games adaptive snocross event

H
Feb 2, 2010
I was lucky enough to be at the winter x-games this year. I was there to support a friend participating in the adaptive events. It is an amazing tribute to all these athletes and an inspiration to watch. When life starts to get a bit too much and you see the challenges these men and woman have faced and overcame, it puts your own problems right into perspective. There is a great article about both Doug Henry and Mike Schultz at www.healclothing.com. HEAL(Helping extreme athletes live) was part sponsor of both athletes placing first and third in this event.

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
We watched it. Unbelieveable! Man those guys can ride.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
This and mono skier were just amazing! Those guys are incredible!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I thought it was awesome.

The guy on the yellow XP gets t-boned on the corner...hobbles back to his sled...grabs his leg to go put it back on..and then finishes the race.

Loved it.

S
Feb 20, 2008
I watched it too.. sad to see but an inspiration to all of us.. I was unaware that Mike S. was a paraplegic?

plumnuts-Mike Schultz is above the knee amputee. Mike suffered a life changing accident on the snocross track and lost his leg because of it. It takes a very strong person to overcome what he has overcome. Anyone else would of blamed snocross and gave up! Not Mike! He loves the sport so much, it drove him in just the opposite direction! In fact, Mike developed his own leg and has a Fox Shock mountain bike shock in it. He wasn't happy with what his choices for a leg and they just weren't working for him to get back on the sled so he develop his own!!! Wow! Talk about looking adversity in the face!!! I was very fortunate to meet Mike this past weekend at the X Games and you will never find a nicer guy! If you ever get the chance to meet Mike, I would high recommend not passing up the chance. It will change your life!

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
plumnuts-Mike Schultz is above the knee amputee. Mike suffered a life changing accident on the snocross track and lost his leg because of it. It takes a very strong person to overcome what he has overcome. Anyone else would of blamed snocross and gave up! Not Mike! He loves the sport so much, it drove him in just the opposite direction! In fact, Mike developed his own leg and has a Fox Shock mountain bike shock in it. He wasn't happy with what his choices for a leg and they just weren't working for him to get back on the sled so he develop his own!!! Wow! Talk about looking adversity in the face!!! I was very fortunate to meet Mike this past weekend at the X Games and you will never find a nicer guy! If you ever get the chance to meet Mike, I would high recommend not passing up the chance. It will change your life!

thanks for the update.. we had met Mike years ago and great guy

G
Nov 28, 2007
Montana
challenged riders.

My sister let me know about this event and now I am going to sell my Shift and buy w/e the wallet will let me. Then I would love to race just once more before calling it quits. Most of those guys are my age so maybe I can get lucky....

Premium Features