• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Williams Lake and area 2007-2008

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
I've been up to Yanks Peak quite a few time this year and the snow pack is coming along well so far. They've started grooming as of this week and from the report I got from some friends that were up there yesterday, the trail is in great shape(thanks to the Powder Kings) and there is plenty of fresh snow up there. Just before Christmas, a few of us thought we'd be brave and head up to Big Timothy for an early season poke. All of the water bars were deep and a few rocks were showing on the trail up. The snow in the trees was phenomenal but was a wee bit too sparce for my likings up towards the peak. After a few more weeks, it should be good to go. I'll try to bring my camera out with me next time to give everyone a taste of what the riding is like if you haven't been around here.

S
Nov 30, 2007
centralBC
Was at big Tim yesterday and the powder was unbelievable.
Now, if the sun would have showed up. I'm telling you, powder up to the handle bar in some areas.
Take a shovel, beacon and a few buddies. She is scary avalanche looking.

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
Just a small taste of the waist to chest deep champagne we rode on the 30-31 of december up at Crooked Lake. There was maybe 8 guys up here on the 30th and only the 2 of us on the 31st. The snow is still pretty marginal up on top as usual. It always blows off the top, but everywhere else on the cabin side was DEEP! We dropped in on the lake side of the ridge, but didn't go right into the lake. With the avi conditions as bad as they are, we didn't want to take too many risks. Definetly the best day of riding I've ever had! I'm really liking my new sled. I think the rev chassis is the easiest sled I've ever been on. I can't wait to get out again. Only a week of work till I get my next week off!

snow1.jpg snow2.jpg snow3.jpg snow4.jpg snow5.jpg snow7.jpg

Last edited:
M
Just a small taste of the waist to chest deep champagne we rode on the 30-31 of december up at Crooked Lake. There was maybe 8 guys up here on the 30th and only the 2 of us on the 31st. The snow is still pretty marginal up on top as usual. It always blows off the top, but everywhere else on the cabin side was DEEP! We dropped in on the lake side of the ridge, but didn't go right into the lake. With the avi conditions as bad as they are, we didn't want to take too many risks. Definetly the best day of riding I've ever had! I'm really liking my new sled. I think the rev chassis is the easiest sled I've ever been on. I can't wait to get out again. Only a week of work till I get my next week off!

attachment.php

Cool pic/\/\:D

S
Nov 30, 2007
centralBC
Have they been keeping up with the grooming on the Williams Lake side of Yanks.?
And how's the snow up at Yanks these days.
Lots of tracks in the hills?
Snowing like crazy right now in Willys puddle since yesterday. Should be good this weekend.
Dan

S
Nov 30, 2007
centralBC
Seems like not to many people from Willys puddle posting on this site.
Come on boys, lets keep in touch,
I'm going today to Yanks to have a look.
-4 C this morning and I can see the stars in the sky.
Holy, maybe a clear sunny day if I'm lucky.
I'll come back with some news.
Later.
Dan

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
Any action out there? I blew up my shoulder on the New Years trip so I haven't been out since then. What's the good word? I should be good to go for these days off, but I might be heading to Vancouver for the motorcycle show.... still up in the air. I gotta get out and ride too. If I do, I might drag the sled with me and try to meet up with some friends in Whistler on the way back. If I don't ride down there, anyone heading out on the 28th?

S
Nov 30, 2007
centralBC
Made it to Yanks last weekend. The long way in, wasn't bad, but the short cut was bumpy. They are grooming every mondays, after the weekend. So it's fresh at the beginning of the week.
I've got to get my membership and trail passe.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Prince George
Yanks Peak

Went To Yanks On The Weekend. Trail Was In Alright Shape From The Parking Lot. Went Up To Round Top First. Lots Of Snow In The Fields And At The Bottome Of The Bowl. Around The Stop Sign Is Was Getting Pretty Beat. Later

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
Ok, I'm good to go again. The shoulder is strong finally. Anybody still riding? I'm gonna head out on thursday next week and hopefully find some freshies. Any reports from last week?

S
Nov 30, 2007
centralBC
Heading out saturday and possibly sunday. Debating between crooked and Tim. Lots of fun in the trees going down to the mine last saturday. Good traction with lots of soft snow. My buddy with his M1000 had a hard time, he's still getting use to the long track. Hard to turn on a dime half butt speed man with that 162.
Lots of fun anyways.

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
We rode at Big Tim yesterday and there was about a foot of light stuff on top of a pretty heavy layer. It was pretty wind blown up top. There is definetly enough snow up there now to get around safely without fearing for your sled. It was trying to snow when we left which would be nice to build up a bit more on top of the wet layer underneath. It was just the two of us up there. Nice to be able to get out during the week! There was a ton of traffic on the road though and it was super slippery. Heading out to Crooked on Saturday.

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
We went up to the tower at Eureka Peak on Saturday! It's quite a small area and we(3 of us) tracked it out in about 4 hours, but there was plenty of jumps and snow in the bowl. It was a hairy ride in through the trees and we'll be lucky to pick a somewhat clean like we found on the way in there again. Da snow was deep in the trees!

Premium Features