• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Widowmaker Crash 3/8

S

sledhead101

Oct 11, 2006
Cheyenne Wy
widowmaker

The sled was pretty banged up. It hit the rock on the left side, destroyed it, crushed the bulkhead, snapped the ski, ripped off the A arm, and exploded the primary (never seen a clutch look like that). The bars and gage pod were ripped off, but the turbo looked to survive. After that roll, they finally got the belt off, he touched the starter, and she fired up. I was pretty amazed. I don't remember much else, tunnel and such, but it was all in pretty bad shape.

That was me, sled took a beating but the motor and turbo is still in great shape. Trying to sell the motor and other parts to get the turbo on another sled, 06 or 07 apex. call me for parts list Sean 3076316999

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
what was the sound it was making before the wheelie? also clutch exploded from the rocks, did you think it hurt the crank?

R
Jan 16, 2008
Laramie, Wyoming
What happen to the video? I only get him going up the hill 1 time, no wreck. Sean this is Big Mike. Sean and I ride together, I hurt my knee and let Cameron Clemente from 10 High ride my Turboed RX-1 that day. I am glad my sled did not get wrecked. Someone e-mail me the whole video of Seans wreck. Sean when do you head to Cali on your motorcycle trip? I have the word out for a new sled but I think you should Turbo a Nitro if you have the money.
Peace Mike

W
Dec 10, 2007
Minnnosnowda
What happen to the video? I only get him going up the hill 1 time, no wreck. Sean this is Big Mike. Sean and I ride together, I hurt my knee and let Cameron Clemente from 10 High ride my Turboed RX-1 that day. I am glad my sled did not get wrecked. Someone e-mail me the whole video of Seans wreck. Sean when do you head to Cali on your motorcycle trip? I have the word out for a new sled but I think you should Turbo a Nitro if you have the money.
Peace Mike
did you watch the whole video?

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
Wow...I feel for ya man. That was a costly climb. Glad your OK. I guess you got a cool $20K video out of the deal.

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
WM

That hills gets several sleds every year. You just got to take the good with the bad. I watched a old trip 700 mtn. max crash so hard once that the motor cam out of the bulk head on the way down. Just to much damn ice at the top.

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
If you're looking for a new sled, I have a friend selling his MPI supercharged Apex (Ft Collins). Has more goodies than I could list or remember.. 174" EZRide, barkbuster front, more, more, more.

PM me if interested and I can get you in touch.

Last edited:
S

sledhead101

Oct 11, 2006
Cheyenne Wy
widow maker

Hey Big Mike im in Monteray Ca. Bike is runnin strong at this altitude, 124 ci inch S&S. Thanks for all your support with the video guys! Sold the sled for cheap and found another one in winter park co. for a decent deal. My insurance -Foremost- only pays what the sled is worth or can be bought for. I did not claim at the beginning that the sled was turboed so 7785 minus 500 deductible. If your going to ride a high priced machine buy insurance on the amount you want covered. TURN UP THE BOOST AND ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

Last edited:

hillbilly

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
tulsa, oklahoma
If you dance with the widowmaker long enough she will get you. Pulled the same line on the right side a couple years ago. Got to the crest and hit the ice-kept tracking left and over the rocks it went. Fortunately I missed the rocks. It was a mountain max but I did'nt lose the motor, still riding it. And here I thought the 40 or so people at the base were just chicken, must have known something I didn't. They did give me full credit for the climb though.LOL Oh well score: me 40 or so widomaker 1.

Y

yardfarmer

Jul 30, 2004
Sw Iowa
If you dance with the widowmaker long enough she will get you. Pulled the same line on the right side a couple years ago. Got to the crest and hit the ice-kept tracking left and over the rocks it went. Fortunately I missed the rocks. It was a mountain max but I did'nt lose the motor, still riding it. And here I thought the 40 or so people at the base were just chicken, must have known something I didn't. They did give me full credit for the climb though.LOL Oh well score: me 40 or so widomaker 1.

I think I remember that, was it an all black mountain max with black simons skis. It was quite a site, the ole girl was bouncing 15 -20 feet in the air coming thru the granite!!:eek::eek::eek::clock::beer;

S

sledhead101

Oct 11, 2006
Cheyenne Wy
crash

Hello guys, Got a new turbo-apex. All set up and ready to go thanks to Paul at high altitude performance. Back in the Saddle AGAIN!!!

Premium Features