• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who builds single sled decks

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
The whole ramp the sled sits on. Lift up the back of the ramp and the whole thing rolls in. Slide it back out and back off the ramp and ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe my question wasn't clear.

Why kind of roller / wheel / apparatus do you use that rolls in the bed ? From the video, all I can see is a plywood, an angle iron on the bed extender and the truck bed. That doesn't slide so well, let alone roll ! haha

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
There looks to be some rollers right at the hitch support, and then some more right behind the skis (and under the plywood) that allow the whole "deck" to roll easily. LOVE the way it takes the weight off the tailgate!!

@Snowlover - would be nice to see a picture (or video) the underside of the plywood and other pictures of how you put this together. It looks VERY nice and super functional, and should not cost too much for one to build. Did you fabricate the hitch support yourself, or is it something one can purchase already built? Nice work . . BTW!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I curious as to why you would bother building something to sit in the bed? Why not just use a ramp and load the sled into the bed of the truck? I get it if you have a silly little truck but the answer to that is to own a full sized truck... I have been hauling my sled in the bed for years and never felt the need to build a bunch of junk because I couldn't figure out how to just use a ramp. Even when I had the Raptor with the 5.5 ft bed I still didn't have any problem loading and hauling my sled without the need for an in bed sled deck. Just seems redundant.
I built a deck for my 8' bed several yrs ago.
Few reasons.
#1. Ramp easily pulls out and slides back under deck. No strapping it down or worrying about it rubbing against the sled.

#2. I still have a flat floor in my bed and the ramp is always available, stays in my truck yr round unless i put a camper in the bed.

#3. Zero scratches or dents in the bed floor from carbides because it is protected by the deck.

Sent it

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
I’ll get pics. Ball bearing steel rollers salvaged from rollers in the floor of a semi trailer with pallet rolls. A roller on both sides of the homemade bed extender and 2 more under the plywood right under the skis. Tip it up and rollers on plywood come down just at end of bed and easily roll in the Channel shape of bed. Baby truck is a Dakota with a 5’6 bed so extender was required.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Wheels on bed extender at fulcrum point. Wheels under plywood where skis sit to roll easily into the bed.
7efc5fb05190d1d26cec1fffb141f3da.jpg
8d641723b7aa3a074e7cdb1f2bdec984.jpg

H
Jan 17, 2017
My version. Load, lift (about 20 pounds) and roll into place. Not sure how to post vid.
4b37804582f15be392294a1b4e68083f.jpg
15aa238ae5a4a42c2922fc13037d3980.jpg
c41b22a0c6bbf381cea45e96470c6c0e.jpg

Thats brilliant. Did you have to try different balance points to find something that worked or do you just assume the chaincase is that point? Each year I look for sled deck designs, I seen a few of these never one out of wood though.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Recramp makes a single "deck" that folds and hides in the back of your truck when not in use. I had him build me a custom one last year that tucked under my Retrax bed cover on the front and still had enough length for my 174 in the back of my 6.5' bed F-150.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Funny to see this pop up. I moved on to a recramp mostly due to the folding and overall weight/size. The recramp folds and is stored on its edge all summer in my garage.

S
Jan 21, 2016
Friend is looking for a single sled deck that sits down inside the bed, anyone still building them ?
this deck stared out as a full lotus drive up and pivot deck. It was a pain with a lifted truck. Angle was too steep so I reworked it so I could put a folding ramp under it. works really good now. Ioperating table ramp deck.JPGreworked  quicky deck.JPGoperating table ramp deck.JPGreworked  quicky deck.JPGt's been on 4 trucks now. operating table ramp deck.JPGoperating table ramp deck.JPG

Premium Features