• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

which snow show,Pylaup.Idaho or salt lake

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
out of those three i'd say pyallup has the most... boise hasnt been the best the last few years, hopefuly its better this year

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Having been a vendor displaying and selling products for several years at all of the major western sled shows (as well as Hay Days) 100% and unarguably the best show out here is easily Puyallup. It's better for the consumer and better for the vendors. There are ten times as many customers from a vending standpoint then SLC and 20 times over the pathetic Boise sled show. The display is at least twice as large with twice as many sled related products to choose from. Interestingly Spokane made a nice comeback last year and while they don't get the amount of vendors or premium factory support it was actually a better show for most. Denver is another up and comer that is getting better each year that we won't miss.

Definately spend your time and money at the Puyallup show if you can only do one...then do Hillclimb at Jackson Hole as its the most fun!

2poor

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Boise Idaho
By far the Puyallup show is the best go the first day and get into it early for the swup meet. use to go there when I lived in tri-cities and have been there twice since in moved to Boise and it is by far the best.

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
Puyallup by far.

well, at least thats where alot of refreshments disappear..... its a blast it seems the other ones i go to also have been going downhill, but hoping for a turn around.\

:beer;:beer;

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
Rob i'll also have to agree that spokanes was far better last year, still hoping for some improvements this year. and it will come if the area around spokane can keep getting snow down low.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The nightlife is pretty good in Puyallup too!!

Roadhouse.jpg

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Eric the night life is always good were ever we go! It's a dang fraternity of misfits and sled holigans that travels to these carnivals. I have had some dousies over the years...slept off the hangover in my booth or my trailer so many times. So many great memories. I saw (saw stated to protect the innocent) rental car races..rental car jumping...rental car burnout contests...rental car stunt driving by some pretty high level sled industry executives:D....pickup Joey Chitwood style ice road driving and so many stripper pole incendences that they don't even rate anymore. Oh yea can't forget super star boxing, wrestling, and removal..horrific dancing..worse karioki..Halloween dummy stealing...and some other R to x rated stuff that has permanantly warped my brain.

Probably missed out on a few thousand in sales to go with the years of hard living that have been knocked from my life! I'm maturing slightly...SLIGHTLY..these days. Haven't had to excuse myself from a customer to go barf in over two years and 16 shows! HEY:D

Anyways..Hay Days is amazing jsut from the mass of it all. Puyallup is still the "best" sled show especially if you are into cool custom mountain stuff and turning a profit as a vendor!

Ya Spokane just needs to somehow convince the factories to participate plus add a few more of the prolithic custom shops. They have the attendance and money being spent. If I was having to chose I'd do Spokane before Boise and Boise is in my own backyard! Boise needs so badly to move to the first of December (but once again..you have to fit in when the factory trucks are in the area or that is one giant bunch of biz that the shows won't get money for)! That alone would double the attendance....bunch of other stuff they could do to enhance the program but it will never happen since we've been moaning about this for years without response 9and we keep on writing that check). That ship is sinking but they keep on bailing so it must be worth it too them. (not for many of the vendors but they are all scared to not go...scare em all right out of the biz is my main worry!) Weeee

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i havent made a snow show yet..08-09 season was my first "serious" one so i am very excited to get out there and see whats around at these shows..

so if anyone gets dates on these shows please post them so i can start putting in for time off...the airforce fire dept is stupid hard to get "planned" time off, so if i start now, i can work them in no problems...:)

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
i have been to puyallup many times and haydays once.....i must say that haydays is awesome.....by far the most snowmobile related activities, sleds, swap, and merchandise i have ever seen in one place

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Yea I go to heydays every year,,, But thet never have much in the way of mountain stuff,,,, already got my plane tickets for seattle

Premium Features