• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which silencers are baffled and which have packing?

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I like the idea of a silencers not using packing, so that it will maintain it's sound level over time. Especially since I have never seen a sled silencer that is made to be repacked like a dirt bike silencer. The problem is that most the manufactures don't specify whether they are using baffles or packing. If anyone knows one way or the other on a certain brand, post it up or shoot me a PM. Thanks.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Very few use packing anymore. If its all welded together and no rivets in it is for sure a baffle design. Eric

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I just watched the video of GGB building one of their silencers and it showed them install the packing and then weld it all together. Cool vid and pretty sweet how they work the metal.

AKDoug

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Very few use packing anymore. If its all welded together and no rivets in it is for sure a baffle design. Eric
HPS cans that I have rewelded have had packing. Although they were both from the early 2000's.

AKDoug

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
How did the packing look? Maybe it lasts long enough to not be a concern.
Like crap at that point. Both these cans had over 5000 miles on them. We cleaned them out and just rewelded them. They were pretty loud :face-icon-small-sho

Premium Features