• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which afermarket pipe, Lookin at a Dynoport??

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello everyone I have been researchin some aftermarket pipes and am interested in the dynoport single ceramic coated chrome lookin one. What do you all think of this pipe, on an 04 800HO??

also have read good things about the Aaen pipe?

SLP and SPI says they work best on a ported motor

My motor isn`t ported but thinkin about porting it, also interested in the RK Tech Drop In kit, or SHR kit.

Let me know what your experience is..

Wildcard

Z
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula MT
I had and 04 with the slp kit, porting, head exhaust etc and it worked REALLY well!!! I was very happy with it.

on my o9 xp i had dynoport ypine pipe and can and it really woke the sled up.

never tried the dynoport on the 800 ho motor but i have have had very good luck with slp and dynoport over the years.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
A lot of the motor mods that you mentioned seem to work best with the stock exhaust so yoou might want to leave it alone for now, no use wasting your money on somethings that won't help you down the road

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
A lot of the motor mods that you mentioned seem to work best with the stock exhaust so yoou might want to leave it alone for now, no use wasting your money on somethings that won't help you down the road

X2--had the Dynoport pipe/can on an 02 800 HiMark--ran better than stock. Did lots of research for the 04 and found a ceramic coated stock worked best. I cut the clam shell down and put a small section directly in front of the nose screen. My muff pot barely heats up--installed port side just behind the Y pipe so I know the ceramic works.:face-icon-small-hap

How's the T-motion mod doing?

BCB

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello Thanks For the reply guys, where is a good place to send the stock pipe to have it coated and when you ceramic coat it you can remove the shielding and insulation?

I would like to hear more about the clamshell mod and extension your talkin about BCB

I have a dynoport can it sounds good and was a good weight savings was hopin the dynoport pipe would of performed well with it.

after some research I have done, I have learned like BCB mentioned about coating the stock pipe, and that the dynoport Y Pipe helps whay do you all think about coating the pipe and adding the dynoport Y pipe??

The T Motion I was asked about works awesome, huge change in how my sled reacts now, the ride quality even on the trail is awesome over the stock rev skid soaks up the bumps well, when I am sidehilling or and go across a previous track trench that heads up the hill it will go thru them smoothly and doesn`t slam the sled back down on both skis and down the hill easily recover with a bit of lean and throttle, most eveything I have faught on this sled before is pretty much gone. the narrow front end also sweetens the deal.

Thanks, Wildcard

thanks, Wildcard

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
I had my pipe ceramic coated locally--there are various coatings available. Some shops coat both interior and exterior.

I'll post a pic of my pipe, modded clam shell/hot dogger in the next day or two.

Glad to hear your T-M is working as advertised. I broke my track with some success--now I cut my outside lug down to the rod to see if the stiff track has any better flex. Ride report to follow.

BCB

Premium Features