• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to stay in Kremmling CO area?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Looking at riding in that area mid Jan.
Where is a good place to stay?
Where are the options for parking & unloading?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Every option imaginable on the other side of Rabbit ears in Steamboat. Super expensive to Super 8. Not many options in Kremmling

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Anyone stay at Allington? or Super 8?
Not expecting a 5 star, but want to avoid sh!tholes.

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
Allington is a very nice hotel and if you call in reservation and say you are snowmobiling the rates are $75 for 2 queen room or $95 for a suite with 2 queens and a large hide a bed. Good sized parking lot for trailers and located right next door to Alpine Motor Sports if you need any Polaris or Arctic Cat parts or a new boondocker turbo. Rabbit ears is about a 45 minute drive if I remember right and there are a few parking lots right on the side of the road to ride from.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've always stayed at the Allington, no disappointments whatsoever. ALWAYS clean, warm, and friendly helpful staff.

The only reason to stay in Steamboat would be a little more interesting night life, if you're into that sort of thing.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
The Allington is fairly new. Nice hotel next to a couple places to eat. Several places for fuel and a grocery market across the street to get goods. There's a Polaris/AC dealer, but I would avoid that unless you need it.

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
I'd recommend the Allington as well nice clean hotel with a hot tub and pool for a great rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
I've stayed in the Super 8 in Kremmling. It was $65 or so. There's a Mexican restaurant across the street from it that we always stop at on the way home, although I couldn't tell you what the place is called. Great burritos.

The Super 8 is pretty standard, inexpensive hotel room stuff. It's a place to watch TV and drink a beer, crash out, and then get up and ride again.

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
Oh... I've also stayed at the LaQuinta in Steamboat. I have a habit of taking off with no plan whatsoever, then riding all day, not making reservations for a place to stay, and just winging sh*t.
Anyway... I did all that, then went to the LaQuinta. They wanted $85 a night, but I performed a Jedi Mind trick, and told them I'd pay $70. The lady at the desk laughed, and went to ask the manager in the back and they gave it to me for $70. This practice works fairly often with hotels if it isn't a busy weekend with holidays or something.

La Quinta was about the same as the Super 8. Standard hotel room. Beats sleeping in the truck.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Allington exceeded our expectations by far.
I am sure we will be back.

Quarter Circle Saloon - During our stay, we had 29 meals there between the group & I don't think there was a single complaint. Very good!

The area hadn't had any significant snow for awhile, so we were not expecting great riding.
We were mistaken, we were easily able to fine 3 days worth of virgin pow & none of us had ever been there before.

Thanks again everyone for the tips.

Premium Features