• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats the best aftermarket tunnel and rear suspsension out there?

W

Washy

I run a 08 Ez-ryde on my MCXpress Turbo Nytro at 16 psi, you have to run the track tighter but truth be told I wrecked a set of avids by not running the track tight enough on the timber sled skid I ran before I had the Ez-ryde. The 09 skid is redesigned to cure this problem. 2500 miles and have not ratcheted the track yet with the ez-ryde. You put rails into the price of the timbersled and they are within a couple hundred bucks.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I chose the timber because of the ease of adjustabilityto control transfer I was told by ez ride I would need a revalve to adjust this ,,dont have time to send shocks back and forth was told the same for the Holz ,,dont know about the Kmod I do know the boosted sleds have opened a whole new problem for all the suspension guys,, it didnt take much power at all to totaly overwelm the stock dragon suspensions the M sleds seem to just need coupling blocks I dont hear about suspension problems as much on the cat boards, maby the dragon stock rear is just that bad????

R

richyrich

Nov 26, 2007
Mt Baker
I cant believe no one has talked about the M-10. This is by far the best mountain skid in the industry. You can go the live axle from Fast Inc or Trevor at Mac's Machine, or Chad"s billet railed M-10. The live axle is quite abit less expensive, the only cost is the install. The install of the M-10 is the key to this unit.

Ive have a Holz in a couple sleds, Ive had the EZ-ryde, Ive riden the K-mod and the cat skids. I strongly belive the M-10 is the only way to go. I currently have it in my T-apex at 18lbs. Not one issue.

Tunnels, I have the VE. Both Chad and Mike's products are top notch, and their costumer service is second to none. You cant go wrong with either one.

E

Last edited:
A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
I agree, everyone has talked about everything but the M-10. I run a CR tunnel with M-10 live axle setup on my T Nytro and that combination does great for keeping the skis down when climbing. Someone stated the Timbersled has been proven in the chutes of BC, from what I saw when I was there is that everyone climbing the steep and deep use some sort of M-10. Except for the Two stroke guys seem to like the Kmods and others. Why don't more two stroke turbo guys use M-10s? If you buy a short track 121 m-10 with air shocks and add CR 174 rails, it and cannot weigh and cost much more than a timbersled setup. The timbersled is a nice lightweight boondocking skid, but I would not buy one to climb steep stuff. M-10s have proven them selves over and over again in the 4 stroke world, I am just surprised I don't see more two stroke guys running them.

Premium Features