• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats everyone listening to - Pt. 2

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Been listening to more Van Halen this past week.
Eddie was phenomenal, a true virtuoso.
EVH? Or Angus Young?
I don't think one can say that one or the other is more talented.
But I think Eddie was more innovative. More curious to try different methods.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
A cpl vids that I love to watch that are a bit outside my norm, are these first two.
I just love watching these gurls really being all into the performance, and in their element at that space and time.

Now this concert is a bit more normal for an old fella I s'pose.
Until I found this set on Youtube some years ago, I never heard most any of it, although I have a TJW Greatest hits disk.
I don't generally find much of any "new" music of much value - and "new" is anything newer than 1985 or so, and when I found this - I was amazed!
Why hadn't AOR radio picked any of this up?
Well, I guess b/c AOR "wasn't" anymore by the time this was actually released, and we were stuck in the rutt now known as "Classic Rock". (not sure when that term came to be?)
I bought the DVR, but I absolutely hate dicking with our TV to make the DVR player work. What a cluster&^%!
Gone are the days of tossing a VCR in the player and that being that....
But anyhow - here is a TJW album that I love to watch late at night, and preferably on a rainy one at that. ;)

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
A cpl vids that I love to watch that are a bit outside my norm, are these first two.
I just love watching these gurls really being all into the performance, and in their element at that space and time.

Now this concert is a bit more normal for an old fella I s'pose.
Until I found this set on Youtube some years ago, I never heard most any of it, although I have a TJW Greatest hits disk.
I don't generally find much of any "new" music of much value - and "new" is anything newer than 1985 or so, and when I found this - I was amazed!
Why hadn't AOR radio picked any of this up?
Well, I guess b/c AOR "wasn't" anymore by the time this was actually released, and we were stuck in the rutt now known as "Classic Rock". (not sure when that term came to be?)
I bought the DVR, but I absolutely hate dicking with our TV to make the DVR player work. What a cluster&^%!
Gone are the days of tossing a VCR in the player and that being that....
But anyhow - here is a TJW album that I love to watch late at night, and preferably on a rainy one at that. ;)

I can still dig Carly Simon

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Here’s a few of my go-to’s, not in any particular order...music interest is all over the place.

Please excuse 3:46-3:49

Before he went off the road.

Something these kids will remember forever.

Need a good laugh? (nsfw)

This one for the transition @ 4:35 (she’s underrated)

Compliment @ 5:55 ?

Legends.

More legends & before she took a hard left.

My favorite buskers...wait for him @ 3:20 ?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
My boys!

They are on cable right now, on Cozi TV.
Some new channel?
Up near the top on the DISH sat box.
It all set to record!
You know - that show doesn't seem near as cheesy as many of the others from that time.
Like Charlies Angels. OH BOY! I can't watch that anymore!

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
So, the other day I placed a big order with Amazon for a set of Timken taper / lock-out kit for my truck, and there were a few other items on the wait list that went in with the order, and I ordered a disk just fer grins. Turns out that about every item shipped from a different source, and it looked like this disk was coming in by it'self. (totally defeating the whole porpoise of ordering WITH other schtuff...)

So it got here today, but there was a pretty good sized box, so it must have actually shipped with sumpthing after all.
But when I opened it up, there was yet another - and just one more box - inside the box...
???
The inside box had a label "Court of the Crimson King", but this is WAY too much pkg for a sole disk eh?

Turns out that there was an LP in there.
drum.gif

Add that to the list of LP's that will likely never git a needle raced accrost them.

Boy - the smiley list on the new software sure sucks!
Have to provide my own?

Last edited:

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Here is a recent purchase for me, in the last yr or so.
It just came around on the player just now...
Maybe y'all remember Little Feat releasing a pr of albums in the late 80's?

I loved this tuna, and "Roll with it" wasn't bad either.
I never much cared for Dixie Chicken, and I never knew the radio to play much Little Feat from the 70's to speak of, but I figgered that I'd buy the Greatest Hits so that I git to know more of their older stuff. Well, I wish that I would have just bought these late 80's albums in stead. I gave it a shot, and it is in my player and will likely to continue to come around every few weeks or so like all the others, but I will leave the late 80's albums on my wish list as the music is no-where close to the same since the death of the band leader/songwriter George Lowell in '79.

At this point in time the band was lead by the now lead singer Paul Barrere (founding member) and I seem to dig this sound a lot better.
Paul died about a yr ago.

I just love this tuna, and I am happy to find that the video is good too!
(unlike Two Doors Down - Kryptonite - I sure wish I never seen that!)

Premium Features