• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats everyone listening to - Pt. 2

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Walked into a bar in the Dakotas and these guys were playing . Made this a few years back when she still had the training ski on .

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I'm not much for open meadows, but I can handle the swamps more better - like you - there is schtuff to ride through...

I didn't git the part about training wheels?
I couldn't see anything that looked like that.
???
Or is it just a wider version?

So - you're saying that Naz was playing where you happened to be at the time?
I kind'a like their double live album (Snaz?).
I need to git that on disk one day...

One major drawback for the bikes that I usually come back to - is range.
One of our regular routes in Ontario is to ride into a lodge that is about 100 miles from the truck - depending on route taken.
We always have at least some extra gas on board, plus a weekend worth of gear stowed as well.

Not usually as big of a deal in the mtns, but there have been days when I've burnt through the whole tank there as well in one day.

Is a bike like this even remotely able to hang?

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
The training wheels is with the stock ski , it's very aggressive and a poor floater , wasn't made for deep snow pushes threw the snow but helps get the confidence to figure it out .

My 800 , runs with the sleds the distance 8.5 gallons and the four strokes usually need fuel first , it's pushing 150 ponies , sweet spot on the tach is 8450 . I've also been able to burn just about a gallon a mile if I'm by myself , just think super bike mode but ride it like a dirt bike . I ride with sleds quite a bit , they do their thing and usually know better than to follow me at times :)
She has a new G4 and it's a nice machine but they still are to much work for me to ride , takes a lot of body english handling two skis that are battling each other to stay planted .
I keep hoping a new version would come out but that's not going to happen for all sorts of reasons .
The bike kits are nice and light and are all the rage for a one ski .
These like speed and it generally takes a lot of saddle time to be comfortable at slow speeds .

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
This group did some fun ones like "Cover of The Rolling stone" my son about died laughing when he heard that one .

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
This one worked the other day in the garage , totally caught her off guard with a dance . it's book marked , those azaleas are hard as hell to grow also :)

Premium Features