• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What to do with Ole' Max . .?

B

Berg570FE

Oct 21, 2009
Cle Elum Wa
'97 Mountain Max 600. 3800 miles.

This is our loaner/friends/family sled. It went to McCall last weekend and represented let me tell you! -16 degree weather and the thing fired right up and just keeps going!! All three days and didnt miss a beat.

However, the clutch is starting to go, and the rear shock(s) blew.

Its worth what . . $800-??? But with the clutch rebuild and dealing with what I presume is a blown shock, Im looking at $$$ to keep the Ole' guy up and running.

So, what would you do? Spend the $$ to fix em up? Dump it for a few $? I like having it so selling it isnt really what I want to do.

How much do you think I will be into it to fix these things (ballpark)?

Thanks for any thoughts!

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
let ebay become your best friend. a little time on there and you will find the parts. also start scouring the swapmeet here and maybe you can find a shock that will work. its nice to have an extra sled kicking around

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
I might have both shocks for the rear suspension. If I can make it out the trailer this weekend I will check. I also have the stock fronts available.

What parts do you need for the clutch? I might have some of those also. I have ALOT of Mtn Max parts laying around and I sold our last one a year ago. I guess it is time for Ebay.LOL

B

Berg570FE

Oct 21, 2009
Cle Elum Wa
I just want to thank MMMod on here too. He really knows his stuff and HOOKED Ole' Max up!! New rear shock/spring, completely went through the clutch and adjusted it too, fixed the "Diagnose" light thats been flashing and really gave the whole sled a "once over". I cant remember what else he did.

We hear alot about theft, poor parking/trail manners, and just general azz holes, just thought that everyone should know that there are more good people than bad out there!

Thanks again!

Premium Features