• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What if?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
It didn't exist?

How long would we have to wait till some one else putt the idea to use?

How many gave up waiting before us?

How many are waiting till they are better riders?

Why do the Twoski's stop in their tracks, and what are they really thinking?

How much has this forum affected it?

Why don't others build it?

Why is it taking so long to take off?

Look this machine ain't no DeLorean, or maybe it is! http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/id305.htm

http://snowmobile.off-road.com/snowmobile/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=196043

What if, it ended...

Was it just a dream?

Wake up people!!

Last edited:
M
Dec 12, 2007
I think a machine between the 120 and 800 is needed. for the new riders the 800 is too big, and the 120cc is too small for an adult. Somthing in the middle would be just right, somthing that can go 60-80mph with an adult that is double the size of the 120cc. And priced around $7000 new.

About every one that see's this loves it, and i get alot of older motorcycle guys liking it but 100mph is to crazy for them.

It is a very niche market for just the 800.
Most people just getting into the sport are not buying the new big machine...

B

BlazinBya

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River Wi
500 cc liquid-350lbs(maybe less) would be ideal I think...the 503 is a great machine but a tad underpowered,if they made 100hp in a lighter chassis(we all know these are overbuilt as they are now) that was 3/4 the size of the current hawk with a liittle more dirtbike realistic seating position and was more realistically priced to entice more customers-5-6k max.

Im sure the 800 is an animal to ride but the funfactor of a lighter more agile machine making 100 plus hp woulkd be more appealing to the masses...IMO

L
Dec 30, 2007
2Moto Radix

Have you seen this ? Sweet. I think its this your looking for. Alot more advanced. More like a motorcycle, Because it is a motorcycle for snow. The SH cost way to much. And reading the posts on here. Your spending alot more to fix all the stuff thats not working. Right. At least thats what i'm reading. How much have you spent to correct the problems $:light:

Last edited:
T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
Look at what!!

You PM'd me one day telling me S.H.'s are a dieing breed and that your bike is so much better... Prove me wrong what does your bike even look like your profile pic's show's nothing post some pic's of this machine.. I would like to see them... Thank You...

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
Off the PIPE

I love motorcycles more than any other toy in the world but the moto2x has 1 major problem. Four speed transmissions. You say snowhawks cost too much a ready built bike is over 12K. for mabe 60 hp. Not saying they are junk but from the vids. I watched they don't have the takeoff power and your never in the right gear. Snowhawks are the future just need a dealer network with better support. I am working hard to make our shop grow this awsome sport!

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
Way more expensive

The cost of the RadiX is 4,200 with out shipping.. Alright now I need a bike new bike's are 4,000-7,000 so were is the cheaper???? I'm not a math major but I can add. Your statement does'nt add up..Don't get me wrong they look cool. If you already own a bike... Tell me the truth about fuel...is that what they are carring in there back pack..J/K.. shifting all the time.. the flat track with no angle up towards the swing arm bolt. I'm thinking if you nail a stump you might do some damage.. We all know that stumps are there and you hit-em.. Another ? is the vid's show a ton of powder riding how does it handle on groomed trails or hardpack..Price wise it looks the same.

C
Dec 10, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
The 2moto thing is interesting at best. Very ingenious, Yes. I spent some time watching the "new videos". I still havn't seen a video of one in snow over 12" deep. Sure you could set up a 4k bike with a 4K 2moto kit but then you have an underpowered 250 that won't do a tenth of the things a 503 fan could do. Try to hop up a dirt bike and see how my extra hp you can find. By the time you purchased a 450, the 2moto kit and enough aftermarket goodies to make the bike scream you would have spent way more than a new 800 hawk. And your still only going to be able to ride trails and 12 inches of powder.

cwh

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
What IF

What if your dealer told you to build your own hawk. Sounds to me like that is a big possibilty for 2009. Pick your engine track size and rail type are what Kim told me very well could be our choice. Let hope a Arctic cat motor with fule injection is a option.:D

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
Have you seen this ? Sweet. I think its this your looking for. Alot more advanced. More like a motorcycle, Because it is a motorcycle for snow. The SH cost way to much. And reading the posts on here. Your spending alot more to fix all the stuff thats not working. Right. At least thats what i'm reading. How much have you spent to correct the problems $:light:

The Major peoblem with these is they are not considered a snowmobile, they are a converted vehicle which in the eyes of many snowmobile clubs are not trail legal. I would never buy one because of that.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
why not a 550 fan motor in a lil' bit smaller chassis? id buy one in a second! i love my 503 but if it lost a few pounds.... and a few dollars... i bet they would sell a bunch. i know its off topic...but look at the resale of a snoscoot...double what they sold for new, why not make those again...ADB needs a mid priced machine like the 503 would be incomparison to the 800. not everyones wallet can afford 13g for an 800 and im also really curious how they handle on the really hard pack icy tight woods trails like here in buffalo,ny? another 50 pounds over the ski seems like a wrestling match in the woods...i know we all want more horsepower,but come on.id sacrifice a few ponies for a few dollars and im sure alot of others would too.just a few thoughts on had on my mind..........

B
Nov 28, 2007
Nice . + 1 . Alan and Denis . SELL THE MANUFACTURING RIGHTS TO SOMEONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO MARKET A SNOWMOBILE . IN 04 YOU PRODUCED MORE THAN 500 HAWKS AND THIS YEAR A HANDFULL AT BEST . STOP BLAMING OUR PRESIDENT FOR THE SOFT DOLLAR AND REMEMBER YOU'D STILL BE IN CONCENTRATION CAMPS IF IT WASN'T FOR US COMING TO SAVE THE FRENCH .YOUR FREEDOM OF TAKING BATHS ONCE A WEEK IS BECAUISE OF US . I appologize to everyone else for this . I am to a Hawk addict and have passion for this machine ,but am frustrated with these paumpus brothers and Max .

L
Dec 30, 2007
I just found out about how badly SH has done with dealers :eek:. 4 times the # of dealers out of Money & out of Business:mad:. But, they won't tell anybody about the failing's, the #'s or the Customer's left hanging. Watch your bank account's , All you surviving dealers :confused: ADB makes all the money :D. Not the failing dealer's. Be careful don't say anything that's true here. The dealers here can't stand it ! You will be removed for speaking the truth here. I really feel for you dealer's, It doesn't look very good !:face-icon-small-con.................................. Answers for the PM's i'm getting. I've had a few EX SH dealers contact me to shed some light on this & emails from customers that had there local dealer shut down. All the dealers they told me about are gone or still selling Snomo's not SH. I ride with 3 EX sh rider's. One EX SH dealer. Between us we had 6 SH's. We saw the Lite ! .....2Moto's at Winter X . Where's SH ?

Last edited:

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
The Major peoblem with these is they are not considered a snowmobile, they are a converted vehicle which in the eyes of many snowmobile clubs are not trail legal. I would never buy one because of that.

Who cares if the clubs think these are trail legal, it is what the states think.

I am under the understainding that these ARE trail legal in all snowmobiling states.......

Am I wrong?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Please!

Someone, take Jeff for ride, he's like that little kid that wants to be cowboy, but can't shoot a gun!

I would if I could.

Larry, you're in need of a cowpoke, and a rope!

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
A Radix, or Rogue owner sold to buy a used Snow Hawk.

They sure as hell couldn't get a new one!

All you silent lookiloos viewing our forum better look long and hard at 2M's videos they have had plenty of time and snow to make a good one, and now The CLAW, I mean Explorer.

Then Google the Snow Hawk ones, no matter where they were filmed their awsome in comparison, they will only get better!

Last edited:
Premium Features