• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What cover for Nytro???

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
I got a cover from Yamaha, and it won't fit. I have high rise bars and the float plate on it. I can't even get it over the bumper and bars. Aftermarket???, what are you guys using with high bars????

stoli

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2009
Golden Valley MN
i thought skinz made custome ones.
i have heard of people just getting some additional material - taking it in and having it sewn in on the top to adjust for the higher bars.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I got a cover from Yamaha, and it won't fit. I have high rise bars and the float plate on it. I can't even get it over the bumper and bars. Aftermarket???, what are you guys using with high bars????

Man how high are your bars? I'm using the Yamaha Custom cover with a Skinz plate and 5" rise it works, when I say it works, I mean barely. Definitely takes some finagling. Just start by throwing the stretchy part over the bars first, make sure the bar ends are all the way in the far corners. Then tuck the front end over your bumper and pull it in between your plate and the bumper (I can pull my plate out about an inch to wedge the cover in). Takes a little finesse but it should work.

With that said, the Yamaha cover sucks, I've sewed up rips two times now around the rear where the stretch cord seam has broke loose. I modded my cover (thats right, bad azz) over this summer and replaced the stupid velcro with some clip retaining straps on the front, hopefully it'll work a little better. If you are in a position to return it, then do it, but I really haven't heard anyone raving about alternatives. Seems like they all got problems.

R
Dec 5, 2007
www.snowandmud.com
I had the same issue that the stock nytro cover didn't fit any more, took it back and bought the 2007 Skidoo 162 cover, and it fits great. I used a buddy's once when I had to haul my sled in the back of a truck, and no one knows whats under the cover.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com

Skinz cover is the solutions for aftermarket products. Hands down better than any OEM cover on the market. Waterproof, stretch design so it pretty much doesn't matter what you do to your sled it will fit. No flap design won't beat your hood and windshield to death while trailering. It's more of an investment as you can keep the cover on most any sled out there. IF you get a new sled next year and it still fits the "standard/XL" sizes you can re-use the cover. They are in stock and just about everyone that has bought one has said they'll never go back.

http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=164_173_74&products_id=227

Premium Features