• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What are the Best Carbides for my sled?

G
Jan 10, 2020
I am in need of new carbides for my 99 Polaris 600 RMK. I will be doing mostly trail riding on snow and ice. I am kinda new at this and I am unsure of what product to buy, or where to buy it. Also I live in Canada, if I can buy Canadian parts, I will buy them, but I have no problems with buying US products when necessary. Thanks for any help rendered.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I've had good luck with Woody's, but I think that's a US brand. I'm more of an off-trail rider, so I can't give much advice on studs and carbides for packed snow and ice. For that type of riding, most guys end up studding the track and using longer carbides (both things you don't need or want for deeps snow). Without studs, you don't want a lot of carbide (probably 4", maybe 6") because too much will make the sled tail-happy on anything slick. If you don't have studs and don't want to add them right now, you can start with the smaller carbides and just see if it's a big issue. Negotiating icy spots without studs sucks, but it's not the end of the world if you don't encounter it much.

Premium Features