• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Out of the 88 people that have read this I know that only one person submitted anything on the Forest service page itself. Not sure about direct emails. I just read the comment section on the Forest Service page. That's kind of sad. California is always the stepping stone for the rest of the country weather its right or not. We need to get on top of this issue before it spreads like wildfire. It takes less than 5 min and is not very hard.

WAY LESS than 5 minutes like less than a minute.
In 5 minutes I commented on the site, sent an Email, copy and pasted the entire post to another snowmobile site, and made sure the hyper - links worked.

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
Sent! This crap is insane! Crazy how much money people have for this chit!

Actually they don't need much as they abuse a loophole in the law that reimburses them for lawsuits against the federal government, so we actually pay twice: Once to fight and once to refund the abusers of the rule with taxpayer funds.

https://naturalresources.house.gov/newsroom/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=299899

Oh, and comment sent.

Your comment has been received by our system on 11/11/2017
Your letter ID is 45832-2191-179. Please save or print this page for your records.
Regards,
The Lassen National Forest Over-Snow Vehicle(OSV) Use Designation Team

Last edited:

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Thank you for the support! We really appreciate it. It is much needed and very important. We have seen that it may take a little while to have comments show up on the Forest Service website. We have asked that once you get the reference number from the state to post that number on whatever platform that you saw this info on (Online Forum, Facebook Page, or Email). This way we have something to stand on if we have issues with the forest service loosing comments. Thank you again!

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Wife and I made donations on several fronts today to support those organizations and individuals fighting to keep riding areas and OST open. Many areas are under attack.
It's time for all of us who can to get out our wallets and donate for legal funds to all the organizations willing to fight to maintain the riding areas we have left. Most of these have people volunteering their time to push back on proposed closures. Backcountry sled patriots is one organization doing this for us in Montana.
The letter from Winter Wildlands Alliance was a lie, read their site:
the only sled access they want allowed is limited on trail. They are human powered advocates for a quiet outdoors. It is stated over and over on their website and this is where their efforts are going.
We all need to pony up and get some skin in the game if we want any motorized historical access to be preserved for us and future generations.
I quit buying from REI, Black Diamond and any others I know of that are supporting groups trying to close our riding areas. You should too!
Donating to help fight is our only chance, these groups are well funded and will win everytime if most of us who can don't chip in. It's costly and takes a ton of time to have a chance to stop well funded groups like Winter Wildlands in court.

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
I submitted an online comment. I hope you did your homework and didn't just fool me into supporting the wrong cause. I usually read stuff before I get involved but I don't have time now.

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
Wife and I made donations on several fronts today to support those organizations and individuals fighting to keep riding areas and OST open. Many areas are under attack.
It's time for all of us who can to get out our wallets and donate for legal funds to all the organizations willing to fight to maintain the riding areas we have left. Most of these have people volunteering their time to push back on proposed closures. Backcountry sled patriots is one organization doing this for us in Montana.
The letter from Winter Wildlands Alliance was a lie, read their site:
the only sled access they want allowed is limited on trail. They are human powered advocates for a quiet outdoors. It is stated over and over on their website and this is where their efforts are going.
We all need to pony up and get some skin in the game if we want any motorized historical access to be preserved for us and future generations.
I quit buying from REI, Black Diamond and any others I know of that are supporting groups trying to close our riding areas. You should too!
Donating to help fight is our only chance, these groups are well funded and will win everytime if most of us who can don't chip in. It's costly and takes a ton of time to have a chance to stop well funded groups like Winter Wildlands in court.

Here's a big issue that's killing us... These "environmental groups" are setup as non-profits and too many people look at them like they're saving the world. Large corporations EAT THIS UP. They view donations to them as being a good steward of the world. I used to work for a large corporate bank and they had an employee plan where they would match donations to charitable non-profit organizations made by their employees up to a certain dollar amount. I thought awesome!! I'm gonna donate to some of the groups fighting for continued access for all and get the bank to make my money go further. I find out all of my groups are considered "political lobbying groups" but all the bastards that are lobbying for closure are "charitable good causes". WTF!!!!! Even though most of their money goes towards lobbying for their cause... They're a charitable cause and my group who is on the opposite side of the issue is not.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Thank you who has replied. We only have a few more days and would really appreciate anyone who has the time to write in for us.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Thank you who has replied. We only have a few more days and would really appreciate anyone who has the time to write in for us.

Western Wildlands Alliance (the same group suing Bridger Teton, Payette and Boise NF) has an automatic click and send feature allowing mass response to the Lassen Forest plan. They are organized,
well funded and ready to shut down areas we have historically recreated on. The access to our traditional riding areas is under attack
and we will certainly lose unless we volunteer our time, donate to legal funds and mount a challenge in court to stop this. We are up against a strong non motorized movement. Lack of involvement from a high percentage of our (back country rider) group will doom us.
These far left non motorized advocates are way ahead of us at this time and gaining strength as many of us avoid getting involved.
Time to step up and fight back!

Premium Features