• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Van Amburg Weight

P
Nov 26, 2007
The stock tunnel weighed 51 and a VanAmburg weighed 40 with no footwells nor flap installed when I weighed them doing a swap.

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
I would have guessed that the VE would be heavier. How in the hell could the stock one weigh 51 lbs?

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
clarification?

The stock tunnel weighed 51 and a VanAmburg weighed 40 with no footwells nor flap installed when I weighed them doing a swap.

Was the stock tunnel with stock drop brackets or TS drop brackets and flap or did it have no drop brackets and no flap? Who makes a decent AFFORDABLE lighter tunnel? Is CRRacing tunnel lighter then VA...how about the Fabcraft?

P
Nov 26, 2007
The stock tunnel was weighed just as it came off of the sled. The footwells, cooler, drop brackets, snow flap, tail light, etc all still installed.

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Was the stock tunnel with stock drop brackets or TS drop brackets and flap or did it have no drop brackets and no flap? Who makes a decent AFFORDABLE lighter tunnel? Is CRRacing tunnel lighter then VA...how about the Fabcraft?

I definitely wouldn't sacrifice a little weight for strength:D Just my opinion!!!!!!!

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
The stock tunnel is a POS Tin Can. With all of the steel supports of the stock tunnel, the weight adds up fast. I didn't even ask how much my new tunnel weighed, and didn't care. So much stiffer than stock, AND eliminated the stock cooling system from the nose and added a double pass exchanger to the rear.

Premium Features