• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Upside Down Fox Floats?

K
Sep 19, 2009
I have notice that some people mount there Fox Floats upside down, so the shock rod is up higher. I would think this is to protect the shock from getting nicked and causing damage. My self I bought some "SKINZ" covers. I have not installed them yet, but I think they will do a good job protecting the shock shaft. If you did not want to spend the money on the covers this would be a alterative route to take.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
If you have the shock upside down from what it is designed to be it would have the larger chamber on the bottom. If you don't have EVOL shocks i guess it wouldn't matter but for instance on my sled if i ran my chamber upside down it would increase my un-sprung weight (the weight of your suspension). The less un-sprung weight you have the better. Granted the weight of the shock is minimal and weighs less than the original shock,but there is also probably a reason why it is supposed to go the other way.

In the end i doubt you would notice a difference. On my EVOL's, i have a remote chamber so i would have to hose clamp it on the a-arm which ain't going to happen. :D

Premium Features