• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twin track helix question– No way to tell the difference between the tracks

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Twin track helix question– No way to tell the difference between the tracks

I have no idea which track corresponds to which angle. Looking at the helix there is absolutely no way to tell. Any help is appreciated

There is an X on the back of the clutch, and you will see the numbers on the back of the helix designating the angles. Match up which angle you want to use with that X and you are good to go. Start with the steeper helix angle, and if you need to get more RPM, shift it to the second angle, and you will usually see around 150 rpm gain. Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, PM me!

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Thank you very much. Great advice and completely understandable. Even a low mechanical IQ guy like me should be able to handle this one. Thanks!

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Funny I was talking to Chris in performance at Carls Cycle to ask some questions about my 08 Carls 860 and asked him the same question and I did change my helix to the lower angle and removed the resistor in the exhaust temp sensor (another issue since it has been in the sled since I bought it used), I gained the RPM I needed for spring riding!

Kudos to Carls for being so helpful.

Premium Features