• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seeking dollies to prevent concrete damage and facilitate uphill climb (lower level parking)

W
Hello all,

I'm a newcomer to this forum and I'm here in search of information from individuals who may have encountered a similar issue.

My search is for a product, possibly a dolly or something similar, that can assist me in safely moving my sled out of my garage, which happens to be located in the lower level (similar to that of the image posted below)
of a parking garage. I want to avoid causing any damage to the concrete with the carbides on my sled (track not studded)

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice you can provide (not looking to have rouskis for example).

concrete-slope-way-to-the-underground-parking-building-of-the-urban-GYJDA5.jpg

C
Nov 29, 2008
Fixed wheel caster pinned to the spindle will allow you to steer it.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
CALIBER!
I am actually assembling a set of them right now as I am replying to this.

Shop around HARD, there are deals to be had.
I bought my set in June and got a great price.

SledWheels-Hero-scaled.jpg

W
you think they'd do better then a set like this?

The wheels on the caliber set are relatively small. Keep in mind that I need to navigate uphill terrain (see picture in the thread), sometimes even in snowy and slushy conditions, as I have to transport it from my garage and up a ramp.

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
you think they'd do better then a set like this?

The wheels on the caliber set are relatively small. Keep in mind that I need to navigate uphill terrain (see picture in the thread), sometimes even in snowy and slushy conditions, as I have to transport it from my garage and up a ramp.
The bottom 2 suck. The metal is too thin where it goes under the ski and the wheels want to walk out sideways and twist.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I've been using Sure Grip driveable dollies for 10 years and love them. Only good on concrete (hard) surfaces, but work very well. Black Ice makes a knock-off of them for less money and their quality appears just as good.

Premium Features